Beck Discusses St. Malachy

Glen Beck interview James Rollins…

youtube.com/watch?v=080Zu3Sh7ns

“PLAL” I saw this, last night.

I’m interested in what others thought about it, too. They claim St. Malachi made some kind of a doomsday prophecy in there… somewhere. Was kind of weird. :shrug:

It’s a speculation, really. But even if he did make it, the Church has made no judgment on it. So there’s no reason to be afraid, like some Catholics are. (Which I find weird, because the Christian heart has no room for fear - it is too full of hope in Jesus Christ!)

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my word shall not pass away. 32 But of that day or hour no man knoweth, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but the Father. 33 Take ye heed, watch and pray. For ye know not when the time is. 34 Even as a man who going into a far country, left his house; and gave authority to his servants over every work, and commanded the porter to watch. 35 Watch ye therefore, (for you know not when the lord of the house cometh: at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning,)

But it isn’t specutlation that they put contraception stuff in the corn. That’s scary. Many things are made with corn. Watch that popcorn.

The consensus of those who know about Malachy seems to be that the prophecies are not really his. Certainly they have not been approved by the Church as a private revelation. Still, only one pope left? It’s an interesting speculation.

You can google St. Malachy and read his predictions.

The speculation regarding this last Pope was he would come from the Benedictine order. There was only one Benedictine Cardinale and he was too old to be considered. At that point, it didn’t seem possible that the prophecy would come true.

Oddly enough, the present Pope chose the Benedict. Certainly, gave me pause considering the Pope must have known of St. Malachy.

The author, nor Beck did their homework! Even wikipedia admits they are probably forgeries written a couple of centuries after St. Malachy.

Just some fear mongering to make a buck!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes#Authenticity_and_Skepticism

Yeah, you’re right! I absolutely agree. I just find it disturbing that people (like Beck) are putting this stuff out there… as “Catholic” stuff. That’s what I found weird. I don’t even think Beck IS a Catholic… is he? :shrug:

Beck was raised Catholic, but is now Mormon. He left the faith when he married a Mormon.

Here’s another article about the St. Malachy prophecies:
catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Pope Benedict’s affinity for the Benedictine Order is long-standing and well-known.

Whether the predictions of Malachi are private revelation, accurate, or forgeries… they do seem to be interesting.

It doesn’t matter to any of us when the world ends for everyone else. We all should live so that if our own personal world ended tonight we’d be ready.

Just silliness,

My MIL believe in aliens, ghosts, this guy, and a bunch of other weirdo stuff. Not to be taken seriously. Leave the end times speculation to the Protestants.

To take any political pundit seriously on any matter IMHO, is a really bad idea. Fear mongering is their whole MO and Glen Beck is amongst the worst of them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.