Been away from Mass

I have been away from Mass for awhile and it’s nothing but slothfulness IMO. So when I get things back together should I go to confession before taking the Mass again? I would think so. Is slothfulness an imperfection for a period or a sin? I have reasons that I can’t make it on Sundays and Saturdays :frowning: but I can go through the week.

Like it or not, attendance at Mass, either on Saturday evening or on Sunday is obligatory for all Catholics, except for only the direst reasons.
I definately suggest that you go to Confession before attending Mass. It will allow you to receive Holy Communion, which is, of course, the whole purpose of the Mass.
When doing your confession, why not bring up the reasons for not attending Mass on Sundays with the priest. His replies will help you immensely.

[quote="George_Stegmeir, post:2, topic:331056"]
Like it or not, attendance at Mass, either on Saturday evening or on Sunday is obligatory for all Catholics, except for only the direst reasons.
I definately suggest that you go to Confession before attending Mass. It will allow you to receive Holy Communion, which is, of course, the whole purpose of the Mass.
When doing your confession, why not bring up the reasons for not attending Mass on Sundays with the priest. His replies will help you immensely.

[/quote]

I have talked to my priest about the reasons about not attending Sunday Mass namely the buses don't run. We have confession on Saturdays right before the vigil and that is right before 5PM when the last bus runs. I've afraid if I stayed for vigil I would miss the last bus. So that leaves monday,tues,thur,and fri. Plenty of other days to attend.

[quote="billcu1, post:3, topic:331056"]
I have talked to my priest about the reasons about not attending Sunday Mass namely the buses don't run. We have confession on Saturdays right before the vigil and that is right before 5PM when the last bus runs. I've afraid if I stayed for vigil I would miss the last bus. So that leaves monday,tues,thur,and fri. Plenty of other days to attend.

[/quote]

Is there no one attending the vigil Mass who could give you a ride home? Maybe you could
ask your priest if there is such a person. I know if I were going to that Mass and I could
take someone home, even if it is out of the way, I would gladly do it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.