Bees

Do Bees have any mention or place in holy Scriture?

Genesis:

On the 8th Day GOD CREATED. . .

The U.S. Navy Seabees!!! And HE saw that they were good and HE let-out a mighty HOORAH!!!

seabee.navy.mil/

It was sometime later that we were organized and given uniforms.

:thumbsup:

LAUS DEO!!!

MAY HE EVER PROTECT MY BEES!!!

Psalm 118 says his enemies "compassed me about like bees", and Scripture mentions the land flowing with milk and honey (ergo, bees).
Probably more, but that came to my mind right off the top

Ok, upon further searching my previous posting could not be located (maybe in was in the movie? :rolleyes:). I googled these:

kingjamesbibleonline.org/bees/

Psalms 118:12 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context
They compassed me about like bees; they are quenched as the fire of thorns: for in the name of the LORD I will destroy them.

Deuteronomy 1:44 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context
And the Amorites, which dwelt in that mountain, came out against you, and chased you, as bees do, and destroyed you in Seir, even unto Hormah.

Judges 14:8 | Read whole chapter | See verse in context
And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase of the lion: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees and honey in the carcase of the lion.

Isaiah 7:18

In that day the LORD will whistle for flies from the distant streams of Egypt and for bees from the land of Assyria.

Thanks everyone, that was what I needed.

[quote="Least, post:2, topic:325911"]
Genesis:

On the 8th Day GOD CREATED. . .

The U.S. Navy Seabees!!! And HE saw that they were good and HE let-out a mighty HOORAH!!!

seabee.navy.mil/

It was sometime later that we were organized and given uniforms.

:thumbsup:

LAUS DEO!!!

MAY HE EVER PROTECT MY BEES!!!

[/quote]

Seebees, good workers but there honey is salty.

By God!

THE LORD, like the other branches of the service, has been very patient with us, and has allowed us to prosper in adversity. Again LAUS DEO!!!

Heard this from an old Bee once:
"Seabees are just like real bees. Leave us alone and we'll pollenate all of your plants, and make you a little honey. [Mess] with us, and we'll tattoo you all in one color, in no particular pattern."

HOORAH :D

Deborah = Bee

How about wasps/hornets? They are a little like bees. The following passages indicate God used them to assist the Israelites in conquering the Promised Land.

Deut. 7:20 Moreover the Lord thy God will send also hornets among them, until he destroy and consume all that have escaped thee, and could hide themselves.

Exodus 23:28-30 And I will send hornets before you, which shall drive out Hivite, Canaanite, and Hittite from before you. I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you are increased and possess the land.

Wisdom 12:8 But even these thou didst spare, since they were but men, and didst send wasps as forerunners of thy army, to destroy them little by little,
12:9 though thou wast not unable to give the ungodly into the hands of the righteous in battle, or to destroy them at one blow by dread wild beasts or thy stern word.
12:10 But judging them little by little thou gavest them a chance to repent,

[quote="twoshoes, post:1, topic:325911"]
Do Bees have any mention or place in holy Scriture?

[/quote]

Sirach should also has mention of bees:

credobiblestudy.com/roman/en/catholic-bible-douay-rheims-ot-book-ecclesiasticus-eccli-chapter-11/26/11/3

[quote="twoshoes, post:6, topic:325911"]

[/quote]

That is a du-bee-ous statement. :rolleyes:

Honey Bees in the Quran

The worker bees, those who gather pollen and make the honey, are all females. The male bees do not make honey. Over 1400 years ago the Quran refers to bees that generate the honey as females (the Arabic grammar is in the female mode):

**And your Lord inspired to the bee, "Take for yourself among the mountains, houses, and among the trees and [in] that which they construct. [Quran 16:68]

Then eat from all the fruits and follow the ways of your Lord laid down [for you]." There emerges from their bellies a drink, varying in colors, in which there is healing for people. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who give thought. [Quran 16:69]**

• For the word “eat”: “Kuli” is for females; “Kul” is for males. The Quran used “Kuli” (females).

• For the word “follow a path”: “Usluki” is for females; “Usluk” is for males. The Quran used “Usluki” (females).

• For the word “their bellies”: “butuniha” is for females; “butunihim” is for males. The Quran used “butuniha” (females).

In case you didn’t know it, Catholics (along with all other Christians) do not accept the Quran as Sacred Scripture, which was what the OP’s question was about. God bless.:slight_smile:

Yes, that is correct. Muslims are taught not to outright reject any holy scripture (especially from the Abrahamic faiths), lest we may inadvertently reject some truth.

Even if you do not accept other scripture to be from God, take the above verses for what they are as they speak the truth about the nature of honey bees and even defines the difference between the female and the male bee in this regard.

Thanks everyone for your answers, the reason I asked the question is in my meditations and prayers it was revealed to me that we are all called to be as bees. That is to take the necator(love of Jesus) back to the hive(humanity) and spread it around.,as the bee does, with great resolve and fortitude. There were a number of quotes that fit the meditation. Thank you
Any more is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, and I say this with respect and charity, Muslims are so conditioned that they do not recognize the truth of Jesus as God and Savior. Instead they demote him, whom they give a degree of honor, to the position of a prophet, denying that he is God, and denying the major truths that he taught, baptism for salvation, the Holy Eucharist for eternal life, and the triune nature of God.

This statement can be true for people of ALL faiths and even for people of no faith. I could say something similar about you and your beliefs which i may hold to be erroneous, but unless i substantiate it with something more then it is meaningless.

If you feel that Muslims are wrong in their belief in The Christ (pbuh) then please explain why. I suggest we start a different thread for this.

‘Look at the bees upon the thyme; they find therein a bitter juice, but in sucking it they convert it into honey because this is their special power. O worldling! devout souls find much bitterness, it is true, in their exercises of mortification, but in performing them they convert them into sweetness and joy.’

St. Francis de Sales, ‘The Mystical Flora’

Try ‘The Mystical Flora’ a collection of St. Francis de Sale’s writings on the Christian life under the emblem of plants. :slight_smile:

There are many references to bees there, and elsewhere in the writings of the saints due to their meaning. You can find bees carved upon altars. It truly is a pleasant topic for meditation and there is much material for it.

Thank you Shin for your help.

There are many open topics on Islam in the Non-Catholic section of this forum

Check them out

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.