Being best friends with an atheist

I’m aware that her religious views are none of my business, that she believes is what she believes and so on, but me being as religious and Catholic as I am, I can’t help that I want her to change, I love her to death, she’s my best friend, I can’t stand the thought of her going to Hell. I pray all the time that she finds God. I’ve never really brought up religion to her, because I feel like if we took it too far, I might lose her friendship, and I don’t want that. She’s brought it up to me once the “Do you believe in God?” I of course said “Yeah, I do.” and she said she wishes she could believe in Heaven, and God, but her brain can’t wrap around it to where she believes it. Last night we were talking about things and she said “I can’t believe anything anymore, you’re going to think I’m crazy but I don’t even believe in outerspace.” Which I didn’t even know what to say because I honestly find that…stupid. << She’s been raised in a Catholic home, and attends Mass every week(her parents make her go/don’t know she’s not a believer.) She said she doesn’t know if she believes in ghosts .. I think she’s just really confused. I don’t want to shove anything down her throat, because I know how annoying that can be, because I’ve had atheists tell me all this stuff, and I told them nicely to stop once,and finally after I was rude they actually stopped. I pray all the time that she finds God, I don’t even care what denomination, but after last night it’s kind of like “wow.” before I had more hope because she wished that she could believe it…but I don’t figure she’s trying, I guess it’s obvious that she’s not. I’m at a loss, I don’t know if I should let it be or what. Advice?

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=218702

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.