Being called to minister

I have always been a Catholic, I have been having this calling to become a Christian councilor to minister to the Lords flock, I was wondering what schooling would be involved, because I want to stay on the straight and narrow and follow the catholic teachings, but want to be a councilor using the faith, not a traditional sector councilor, I am very active in my church, and am an occupational therapy assistant and am called to a carrier change. thank you God bless:thumbsup:

[quote="Jamie_p_23, post:1, topic:260460"]
I have always been a Catholic, I have been having this calling to become a Christian councilor to minister to the Lords flock, I was wondering what schooling would be involved, because I want to stay on the straight and narrow and follow the catholic teachings, but want to be a councilor using the faith, not a traditional sector councilor, I am very active in my church, and am an occupational therapy assistant and am called to a carrier change. thank you God bless:thumbsup:

[/quote]

Call the chancery office. They should be able to direct you.

Perhaps if you speak with a vocation director or meet with a spiritual adviser they will be able to help you direct your skills appropriately.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.