Being disrespectful is it considered grave matter?

Hi.

I was sort of disrespectful towards a person in my family. Is that considered grave matter? I’ve just went to confession today, and I feel like stopping to commit sins that I need to go to confession for is almost hopeless. I deal with scrouples and maybe OCD as well.

I hope I’m not in need of another confession, but I just don’t know who to ask without it being awkward.

Thanks anyways & God bless.

Depends on the situation, but I would say in general, saying something rude or disrespectful would be venial in nature. Hard to tell without specifics or knowing your motivation though.

This is a good answer, but not the right one for a scrupulous person.

If you are scrupulous you need to talk with your confessor. Posting here only feeds your uncertainty.

Flagged for the moderators.

It was my grandmother who didn’t want me to mention something in front of my grandfather and I did so because my dad was there asking questions and she didn’t want to answer. Also I though that he should know. Tho it didn’t lead to any discussions or arguments.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.