'Being raised Catholic is worse than child abuse': Latest incendiary claim made by atheist professor Richard Dawkins

Raising your children as Roman Catholics is worse than child abuse, according to militant atheist Richard Dawkins...

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2251963/Being-raised-Catholic-worse-child-abuse-Latest-incendiary-claim-atheist-professor-Richard-Dawkins.html

I know many atheists have a bad view of religion but does anyone think like this?

I wonder what St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Augustine, St. Anslem, and any other of the great Catholic philosophers/theologians would think if they lived in today's world.

I’ll take being raised Catholic over being sexually abused any day…for me an my kids! :thumbsup:

Plus, my kids know more than the poorly catechized woman he quoted in the interview! :rolleyes:

After perusing that article I could only think that he sounds like an Atheist version of Jack Chick...:shrug:

Father forgive him for he knows not what he does...

Peace
James

Please explain why Dawkins is given so much publicity?

What Richard Dawkins is not news and is certainly not news about the Catholic Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.