Being received into the Church...July 2009!

I don’t post much because I am mostly reading and learning from you all. This is a great site!!!
I did post a while back about my daughter struggling with Communion and thought I would let you all know that Father has been giving her half of a host and she is doing much better with the gagging issue, she is no longer afraid to receive Communion.

As for me…

I have been attending RCIA conducted by our Priest since we are a small rural parish and last night Father discussed my reception into the church for July. I will be Baptised, Confirmed and receive my first Communion during one of the Friday evening Masses, we will decide the exact date at the next class.
I am sooooo excited and it feels like July will never get here!!! I have wanted this for since I was 14 years old and it is like I am at the end of one journey and getting ready to embark on a new, glorious journey for the rest of my life, I can’t describe how I feel but maybe you other converts out there can relate.

I just had to tell someone before I burst with excitement:D

Welcome Home. So happy for you. :):slight_smile:

Congratulations! It is so wonderful to hear of another sheep being added to the fold! :extrahappy:

That’s fantastic news, Tracy!!! Welcome home!!! :slight_smile:

I remember that during Holy Week, I’d watch the activities going on at St. Peter’s being celebrated by the Holy Father and thinking im about 7 hours I’d be attending the same Mass at my local parish. Everyday that went by since Palm Sunday, the closer I’d become finally Catholic, which occurred at the Easter Vigil this year.

There’s no other life experience that’s quite the same if you’re not a cradle Catholic and you’re trying to get inside and you finally make it inside.

Your almost on the other side of the Tiber. It’s a great feeling to get out of the water and walk upon the shores of the Eternal City.:thumbsup:

That’s FANTASTIC :extrahappy::dancing::dancing:
Welcome home!

Thanks all of you for the warm welcome. I find I can hardly wait for Friday evenings to roll around so I can go to Mass and RCIA, I’m looking especially forward to this Friday when we decide on the date that I will be entering the Church:D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.