Being tempted to leave Catholicism

Hi everyone. I am being tempted to leave Catholicism yet again. Please pray for me.

Our Father Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven
give us this day our daily bread and forgive us of our trespasses as we forgive thouse who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
AMEN

:signofcross: Heavenly Father, we pray for Holly, wrap your arms of love around her; continue to whisper in her ear; continue to lead, guide, and protect her; and pour out your love, joy, grace, mercy and peace upon her!!! :amen:

Holly, tell us more. what are your concerns? what are you battling with within the catholic faith? lead us to the issues on your mind that and we may be able to help unravel. At least we can pray on a specific issue. So, come on, share with us what is on your mind? what are we here for? if not to encourage one another and love one another and support one another.

Peace and Love
Odoa

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:177971"]
Hi everyone. I am being tempted to leave Catholicism yet again. Please pray for me.

[/quote]

Praying that you leave the satanic cult of catholicism and find the truth :thumbsup:

Hang in there, Holly.

Good things in life do not come easy. That includes your faith. We all struggle with some or all of it throughout our lives, and we can expect those stuggles to be difficult. Before he died, St. Paul talked about "fighting the good fight," and "persevering to the end." Those aren't the words of someone who was able to just sit back and have an easy time with faith.

Keep praying for the grace to overcome these doubts. Let God lead you to Him.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Good morning Holly!

Isn't today your doc appt?

A good physical can change how faith is felt. My advice is to focus on daily activities today: shower, eat, walk, chores, appts! Then think about faith later. God is with you whether you feel it or not.

Prayers. I still want to hear how it goes today; either here or PM.

I'll go against 90% of the advice you will be given. Visit some other churches. Read. Investigate..study what it is that you think is pulling you away. More likely than not you'll stay right where you are. Often, I wonder if a crisis of faith is just God's way of telling us we need to learn more about our faith.

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:9, topic:177971"]
I'll go against 90% of the advice you will be given. Visit some other churches. Read. Investigate..study what it is that you think is pulling you away. More likely than not you'll stay right where you are. Often, I wonder if a crisis of faith is just God's way of telling us we need to learn more about our faith.

[/quote]

I think this is some good advise. Though I would say to be VERY careful about visiting other churches. The reason I say this is because, justas one can run into poor catholics, one might run into poorly "catachized" people in other faiths as well. I would say stick more along the lines of studying and reading and investigating so that what you learn is what is actually believed by another faith community.

Also, without knowing much about you, I would suggest that you look into the more spiritual aspects of the faith. Too often we can get bogged down in details of rules, laws etc. and miss the greater good of just resting with God in meditative prayer. This can bring us more simply and fully into God presence.

I am praying fro you now.

Peace
James

Praying hard for you Holly.

[quote="Lutheranteach, post:9, topic:177971"]

[/quote]

Sorry but I am not going to do that. I know that the Catholic Church is my home and I don't need to visit other churches in order to know that. Studying about other churches, on the other hand, is fine with me though and I already do that. I studied various denominations for years before finally converting to Catholicism (which is not a denomination by the way).

Praying hard for you Holly...

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Don’t do it, Holly. Stay right where you are in the Catholic church! Make it an Advent sacrifice to stay with the Catholic church. Maybe also include not studying other denominations or religions as part of the sacrifice.

Whenever you think about leaving the Church, please redirect your mind. Don’t dwell on the temptation!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.