Being with loved ones after death

Does the bible speak at all about being with loved ones after death?

It speaks of being with the Lord after death. If we are all reunited with him, then also with each other.

In fact, if they are with him now, and he is with us, then we are all together even though our physical eyes cannot see that just yet.

[quote="Michael_Mayo, post:2, topic:322840"]
It speaks of being with the Lord after death. If we are all reunited with him, then also with each other.

In fact, if they are with him now, and he is with us, then we are all together even though our physical eyes cannot see that just yet.

[/quote]

This.

Read this...and you will see that it does...very explicitly.
Pax Christi

1 Thessalonians 5:9-10
Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

9 For God hath not appointed us unto wrath, but unto the purchasing of salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

10 Who died for us; that,** whether we watch [awake]** or sleep, we may** live together**** with him**.

THE NEW AMERICAN BIBLE
**1 Thessalonians
Chapter 5: 9-10

For God did not destine us for wrath, but to gain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep we may live together with him. 2

Thank you so much for your answers. That's just what I needed to hear. What a comfort.
They opened my eyes to again understanding something I knew and did not realize I did.

=rjmiller;10617140]Does the bible speak at all about being with loved ones after death?

No:rolleyes: here’s why.

Humanity exist for only one reason: 'To Worship and Glorify God"

Isa.43 Verses 7 & 21: “every one who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made." AND the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.”

Those who know and live this understanding in humble Obedice to ALL Christ taught attain heaven; the others choose for thenselves hell.

In heaven one attains the summit and perfection for the petentail of our existence: God centered and focused Worship and Glory. Nothing else will be of interest to us.:thumbsup:

Humanity exist for God’s sake; not God for humanities sake; although God’s Divine Will and desire is to be in a very Persoanl Relationship with each of us; who alone can and do emulate Him.

We believe in the Communion of Saints. Anyone whos in Heaven is a saint. Everyone in Heaven is in communion with one another. So yes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.