Belgium considering whether to allow sick CHILDREN to end their own lives through euthanasia if their parents approve

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2480878/Belgium-considering-allow-sick-CHILDREN-end-lives-euthanasia-parents-approve.html

Belgium made adult euthanasia legal in 2002
Bill would also extend to people who have early onset dementia
The Christian Democratic Flemish party vowed to oppose the legislation

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The nazis were never defeated, they just went underground for awhile, slowly corrupting other countries into the policies of killing the "unfit" "aged" and "disabled"

If we're not careful, this could happen HERE in the USA.

I know it shouldn't surprise me. So little does these days. But really, passing a law that gives children (with parents' permission) to die through euthanasia!? That's horrible! It angers me so much. Yes, there are times where a child might be so ill, and death is near, but when you inject them with something that completely stops their heart, even if it is only seconds before it stops itself, I think that's still murder! Some may disagree with me, and that's fine, but the whole concept of euthanasia is not a topic I can agree with. I'm very sorry for that.

Oh what a web we weave when we attempt to play God and now children eas well.
How horrifying I imagine some kid will be pressured into it by parents who simply are out of steam to care for them. I hope I'm wrong.

A child does not have the emotional maturity nor ability to decide to die.

Mary

Kids are not stupid and they know when people are upset, tired, frustrated. Parents of healthy children feel these things at times and the parents of children even more so. Children often blame themselves for things like their parents divorcing or other problems going on. They take on a responsibility that rests solely with the adults in the situation. I can imagine children trying to be heroic and thinking they are easing the family's burden. How dare any adult put a child in this position! How dare they abdicate their role to protect and provide care for children, whether they are parents, caregivers or medical professionals.!

This is incredibly tragic and I will pray that it is not allowed. It is almost unbearably sad to hear about something like this.

As someone who was heavily sedated on anti-psychotics for most of my childhood through "parental permission" and has experienced the wrath of free reign of parental "rights" to their children, this is one of the most horrible things you could ever do and is nothing short of post-birth abortion.

Look, I'm all for parental rights when it comes to education and protection of your children. But I don't see why parents have full rights to destroy their child's life through heavy drugging and (in this case) outright murder.

"If God doesn't exist, all acts are permissible." - Doestoyevsky

If we get enough atheists in power, the laws will be changed to not honor any sense of God's will, yet people keep running to the polls to vote for more. Think about what's possible.

Cost need to be rationalized under socialized medicine.

This is just one more method of doing so.

Horrible. Thankfully legalized suicide was voted down last election (barely) in Mass. Of course they wrapped in nice terminology, Death with Dignity or some nonsense.

I'm sure it will be legal here too someday though.

[quote="jediliz, post:2, topic:343732"]
The nazis were never defeated, they just went underground for awhile, slowly corrupting other countries into the policies of killing the "unfit" "aged" and "disabled"

If we're not careful, this could happen HERE in the USA.

[/quote]

[quote="thequietsinger, post:3, topic:343732"]
I know it shouldn't surprise me. So little does these days. But really, passing a law that gives children (with parents' permission) to die through euthanasia!? That's horrible! It angers me so much. Yes, there are times where a child might be so ill, and death is near, but when you inject them with something that completely stops their heart, even if it is only seconds before it stops itself, I think that's still murder! Some may disagree with me, and that's fine, but the whole concept of euthanasia is not a topic I can agree with. I'm very sorry for that.

[/quote]

It is happening, only they don't call it euthanasia but 'treatment for the terminally ill'.

My son was dying from cancer. He had taken a sudden turn for the worse. They catheterized him, put him in a coma and denied him fluids. It took 3 days for him to die and he fought to live every minute of it. But he didn't have a chance, because they denied him fluids. In my books, they murdered my son. It doesn't matter that he was already dying; they killed him.

This is happening in the US, the UK, Canada, Australia, Europe, in the guise of medical treatment. It is backdoor euthanasia, only it isn't a 'good' death. There is nothing kind about denying people fluids. There is no mercy involved.

Don't be sorry about not agreeing with euthanasia. It is murder, no matter how it is painted.

Convicted murderers receive more mercy when they are put to death by lethal injection, even slow hanging would be more merciful. If anyone proposed that they be dehydrated to death instead, there would be a massive outcry. Do it to the terminally ill, not a peep.

Aktion T4 much?

Oh Belgium....all that material prosperity at the price of your souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.