Believing in the True Jesus vs Baha'u'llah

This is just a continuation of the old Thread that ran out.:slight_smile:

I just went through Baha’u’llah website, word for word, and I did hear about how Great he says he is , but absolutely no mention of the word… Devil or Satan.
reference.bahai.org/en/t/b/HW/hw-155.html

PS I now see where you get the name Servant19 from, you are the Servant of Baha’u’llah right, thats the age 19 when you started to be his Servant ?

From the Old Thread

**(Originally Posted by SteveVH - In other words, what a bunch of dull minded twits the rest of us are. It must be wonderful to be so enlightened. I couldn’t even find the revelation of which he suppose to be speaking:

“The Revelation which, from time immemorial, hath been acclaimed as the Purpose and Promise of all the Prophets of God, and the most cherished Desire of His Messengers, hath now, by virtue of the pervasive Will of the Almighty and at His irresistible bidding, been revealed unto men.”

Okay. Since I am as dull minded as the rest, what is the revelation of which he speaks?)**

SteveVH - Sorry dear friend that this came across to you this way, as you and all mankind are in no way “dull minded twits”. We are all different in our own ways that is all.

The Revelation talked about in this passage is the one Promised in all past Religions, from the ancient up to Muhammad.

There is a promise in all of them about the Great and Glorious day of the Lord, it is written or remembered in may ways, the Bible as you know has may passages as does the Koran.

Thus all past Messengers Longed for this Day, They had All, One and All, Witnessed this day , Christ Longed for this Day, as did Moses, Muhammad, Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha and many many more who have given previous Revelations to Mankind.

This the Day where God spoke directly to man through Baha’u’llah “The Glory of God”, “The Father”

Thus from that One passage you posted above, one can now go back to the Holy books of the Past, look at Prophesy and be amazed as to the amount of meaning that can be obtained from each passage, and as Servant said, it would be a very large Essay.

But Dear friend, I must admit I would be to Dull Minded to attempt that task!

God Bless and Regards Tony

This is a very large subject, here is one discussion - reference.bahai.org/en/t/c/BWF/bwf-30.html

Here is one quote from Baha’u’llah

“…Watch over yourselves, for the Evil One is lying in wait, ready to entrap you. Gird yourselves against his wicked devices, and, led by the light of the name of the All-Seeing God, make your escape from the darkness that surroundeth you. Let your vision be world-embracing, rather than confined to your own self. The Evil One is he that hindereth the rise and obstructeth the spiritual progress of the children of men…”

If one believes darkness has a power of is own, then one does not believe in the Power of Light. It is only when the light is obscured, that darkness arises.

Thus put out the darkness from your life and blame no other for its appearance within you.

Ask forgiveness from the source of light when you allow darkness to enter.

Ok, so what happen when the Evil One entraps you, and who or what is this source of Light ?

Turn back towards the Light Dear Friend, that is again embrace the Message, Words and Laws of God.

Ask forgiveness from entering the darkness and always strive each day to move further towards God (The Light).

Thus for a Christian, this means that every day, evrey moment we ask forgiveness from the Source of that Light unto Man, that is Christ, the way and the Truth and the Light.

The same is true for a Baha’i as we acknowledge that Christ was Given unto mankind to save us from our Sins. (Of course a lot more could be said, but this covers the main aspects)

So, what if one does not want to turn towards "The Light " ask for forgiveness ?

As I understand it, it will retard their progress in the life to come. I think Abdu’l Baha wrote something about this in Some Answered Questions. I’ll see if I can find it for you. God bless.

Here it is: reference.bahai.org/en/t/ab/SAQ/saq-31.html

It seems, according to Abdu’l Baha, that this refusal of the light can actually be the cause of everlasting banishment from the presence of God. I think I answered this question a ways back to someone else. It is a serious matter and Baha’i take it very seriously. God bless.

I’m not sure where you got this idea from? Maybe you could provide a link.

I am a servant of humanity, which makes me a servant of Baha’u’llah. But I’m on a journey to be the best servant I can be, and there’s a long way to go. :slight_smile:

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:slight_smile:

Ok, sorry I was half right, what does the 19 mean ?

So, someone who incurs this " everlasting banishment" where do they go, do they just float in outer space for eternity.

Seems doubtful. I don’t really know the answer to that question. I would imagine they’d be trapped in the world to come for eternity. I don’t know what else you’re looking for. God bless.

Dear friend Techno.

I can elaborate on this question when you tell me what you believe happens to us when we die. Do you think you go and “float in outer space”??

Please elaborate.

Baha’u’llah is God, but his son Abdu’l Baha was not, correct ?

Yes the same way Christ is God, (As Explained by Baha’u’llah).

The Station of Abdul’Baha is unique, The “Mystery of God”. Abdul’Baha has interpreted all the Stations given to Him by Baha’u’llah as being “Abdul’Baha” (meaning - Servant of Baha).

He is a Perfect example of by how a Human should live their life. He is a mirror of the Mirror, so to speak. He lived The Word of God as no other man can.

Abdul’Baha has stated this in no way puts Him as a Manifestation/Prophet of God. We are instructed to Look at Him, Follow Him, and be as He was.

As no one can live their lives like a Manifestation, this Gift of Abdul’Baha is very special and unique in the History of Religion to date.

Again, this is a vast topic.

In brief, the number 19 takes its significance originally from the Quran. I will elaborate further in a moment.

1. The Bab (who was the forerunner to Baha’u’llah) had 18 people (whom He entitled them as “Letters of the Living”) who independently recognized Him. These 18 people traveled from all parts of Iran to where He resided in the city of Shiraz and embraced His Revelation and His Faith. They found Him ONLY through the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and one of them, the only woman, Tahirih never met Him, but embraced His Revelation and Cause by way of a dream that she had. Together with the Bab, these 19 people formed the first ever Babi’s (who later all became Baha’is).

2. The Bab also developed the Baha’i calendar, which consists of 19 months in a solar year with 19 days each.

3. Now the significance in the Quran of the number 19 can be found here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quran_code

But the most significant for Baha’is is the statement made by the Bab, that the meanings of the entire Quran is enshrined in the 19 letters which form the beginning of every Surih in the Quran (B’ismillah Rahman’ul Rahim translated as ***“In the Name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful”***) and this sentence can be understood by the first word alone, B’ismillah بسم الله

This word can be understood by the first letter of that word which is the Arabic letter B
(1.bp.blogspot.com/_m0WrTmVpPKw/SI08DA9JnXI/AAAAAAAAAFk/qAcIkX0AZPI/S730/Arabic%2B-B-,%2BUyghur%2Bscript%2B%28public%2Bdomian%29.png)

The Bab says then that the meaning of this letter is enshrined in the dot or point at the bottom of this Arabic letter. He then says that** He **is that Point. The Primal Point around which creation came into existence.

Hope that is legible. My apologies if there is any confusion.

:slight_smile:

If it was the same way as Christ is God then Abdul’Baha is God also, like his father Baha’u’llah.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.