Believing Jesus died for you

I have often wondered how many catholics are used to this kind of prayer: “Jesus I believe that you died for me and that you are my savior.” I have found that this prayer of faith is quite powerful and wonder if many people do this and experience it’s powerful effect.

Do you know that we are freely justified by Jesus’ death on the cross and that we are put in a right relationship with God because of that, and not because of anything that we have done?

We are justified and made free by Christ!

Catholics are often taught a type of prayer called an “act of faith”, along with one for hope and one for charity. To pray, “Jesus I believe in you, you died for our sins” would be one such type of act of faith. The more common one, though, includes references to the Trinity, as well as to Jesus dying for our sins. Also, you might be interested in the one for hope, which often talks about relying upon the merits of Jesus. Even the shortest of Catholic prayer books seem to contain these three (the acts of faith, hope, and charity prayers). They are extremely common, though there are many versions of each.

I see from your profile that you are Catholic. If you think about it, the prayer you gave sounds like one from mass “Lord by your cross and resurrection, you have set us free. You are the savior of the world.” :slight_smile:

thanks for your post, it really helped!

I guess that to be renewed, we as catholics need to not only say the words of our prayers, but to actually live the prayers.

Not just “By Your cross and ressurection You have set us free” but

“BY YOUR CROSS AND RESSURECTION YOU HAVE SET US FREE”

thank you Jesus, by your blood, we are make right again with God!

Thank you Jesus Christ.

Praise Jesus!

Often, when I pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary, I will recognize in my meditation that He saw our faces as He experienced His Passion.

That is a very powerful prayer.

Amen, Flame of Christ, Amen.

“BY YOUR CROSS AND RESSURECTION YOU HAVE SET US FREE”

Hallelujah! :extrahappy:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.