Ben & Jerry's ice cream honors same-sex 'marriage'

Ben & Jerry’s ice cream honors same-sex ‘marriage’

http://www.onenewsnow.com/uploadedImages/Media/Images/hubby%20hubby.jpg

Same-gender marriage is now legal in The Green Mountain State, and Ben & Jerry’s has announced that it will temporarily change its “Chubby Hubby” ice cream to “Hubby Hubby” in honor of homosexual marriage. Peter LaBarbera of Americans for Truth about Homosexuality tells OneNewsNow that companies like Ben & Jerry’s neglect to talk about the dangers of the lifestyle.

more…

Why would they do that? :confused:

I could think of some better names they could of called it but I’m not going there…

Thruxton Re: Ben & Jerry’s ice cream honors same-sex ‘marriage’

I could think of some better names they could of called it but I’m not going there…

Sounds like you’ve got my sense of humor…:stuck_out_tongue:

I so like their ice cream, but it so bugs me how seemingly every company is jumping on the political/social bandwagon to try to sell more stuff/be controversial…

**Love the sinner (me!) hate the sin (My actions!!)
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

:thumbsup: That’s awesome!

I’m sad they’re only selling it in Vermont, I’d pick some up otherwise.

Ya know, several years ago, a popular indie rock band published a chart on the back of their album demonstrating how buying albums from major label record companies was indirectly supporting the military-industrial complex – thus, the insinuation was to try to get peace activists to boycott buying CDs from those distributors.

I personally think the U.S. bishops ought to publish just such a chart demonstrating how companies like Starbucks and Ben & Jerry’s are linked to social issues which we Catholics stand against, publish such a chart in every parish nationwide, and then let the 57.2 million Catholics in this country decide the course of such egregious actions.

You know if I was a homosexual person I’d find this insulting. Using something as deeply personal as sexuality, especially when so many homosexuals struggle immensely with it, as a cheesy ,marketing ploy doesn’t do much to have homosexual issues and struggles taken more seriously.

Just one more reason not to buy B and J’s on top of the fact that they sold out to Unilever and now out HFCS and MSG in their ice creams. None for me, thanks.

Well they don’t call it Ben and Jarry’s for nothing. Two hippie dudes opening an ice cream shop together. Sounded fishy from the get go if you ask me. lol

Nothing surprising here – Ben and Jerry’s has been one of the most liberally active companies in the US since their inception. Actually, a bigger news story would have been if Ben & Jerry’s DIDN’T honor same-sex marriage.

From their Wikipedia page:

The founders were able to combine ice cream making with social activism by creating a three-part Mission Statement that considered profits as only one measure of success. By trisecting their measure of success into a Product Mission, an Economic Mission and a Social Mission, they were able to set themselves apart from similarly sized food companies, and generate national attention on their efforts.

I wouldn’t say that Ben & Jerry’s is jumping on any sort of “bandwagon” – political/social activism has been at the core of the company from the very beginning. This is the kind of advocacy they’ve always engaged in. (The political pamphlet rack in the front of their stores should be enough to clue one in to this fact.)

Ben and Jerry’s has also been a big supporter of a cop killer setting off a boycott of B and J’s products as well as many others.

I wouldn’t say that Ben & Jerry’s is jumping on any sort of “bandwagon” – political/social activism has been at the core of the company from the very beginning. This is the kind of advocacy they’ve always engaged in. (The political pamphlet rack in the front of their stores should be enough to clue one in to this fact.)

Guess I live so far away from their headquarters I wasn’t even aware that there are stores. I’ve just had the experience of frosty pints in the freezer aisle in my town’s grocery store.

Just one more reason not to buy B and J’s on top of the fact that they sold out to Unilever and now out HFCS and MSG in their ice creams. None for me, thanks.

I’m confused…they put MSG in their ice cream? That’s weird for a couple of “hippie dudes” to do…as it’s not really a “natural, organic”-type thing to put in food.

ahh,if i am there,maybe i could also do some help

Starbucks too!..say it aint so!!!:eek:

They didn’t before they sold to Unilever. It used to be all natural stuff, now it’s junk.

I didn’t even really like Ben and Jerry’s anyways. Overpriced for what you get. Edy’s is just as good and not a momental waste of money. It will make my boycott that much easier.

That’s just awesome. Too bad I don’t eat B&J cause it’s waayy overpriced.

You know…I actually…kinda sorta know where you’re coming from.

Oddly enough I feel the same way whenever I see an Avon “Inspirational Treasures” catalog full of Christian-ish items. Crosses…bibles verses…angel stuff. But Avon isn’t exactly known for being a religious company…and there is a relationship with UNIFEM…and…yeah. There’s something that feels very exploitative of the whole campaign and it *really *bothers me every time I see it. :blush:

Guh That’s so cool!

I want to buy a bucket, transfer the icecream to a different container and keep this one :stuck_out_tongue: It’d be like one of my many other limited edition awesome knick knacks…

Clearly they sold out. They used to be all natural and there is nothing natural about homosexual ‘marriage’

I suppose they could have called it other names:

Deviants Delight
Satan’s Sludge
Pederast Pie

and others not postable on a family friendly site.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.