Ben & Jerry's Renames Ice Cream to Support Homosexual "Marriage" in Vermont

By Thaddeus M. BaklinskiBURLINGTON, Vermont, September 2, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Vermont ice cream maker Ben & Jerry’s has temporarily renamed their popular “Chubby Hubby” ice cream to “Hubby Hubby” to show the company’s support for the legalization of same-sex…

Full article…

This is ridiculous.:doh2:

At least it wasn’t it wasn’t my favorite, Chunky Monkey!

i learned of B&J’s liberal stance awhile ago and haven’t supported them since.

I think that’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard all week. :doh2:

Boycott em.

Food should not be political.

I guess I will no longer be buying Ben and Jerry’s anymore…it’s a shame.:frowning:

Pretty silly, isn’t it. I haven’t had their ice cream in years, and don’t intend to. I guess they don’t realize that they’re losing more customers than they’re gaining with such foolishness. :shrug:

Well, I learned about B&J and their Hubby Hubby right here. So, I’m off to buy a pint tonight.

You’ll have to eat a lot of ice cream to make up for what I haven’t bought over the years. :smiley:

Perhaps we could set up a clearing house where opponents of B&J could be matched on a one to one basis with supporters? We’d probably need weight classes. But, if you and I were matched, I’d try to neutralize your boycott with my purchases. (Starting today.)

Names and pictures would be published on the web site so we could both get credit for moral exhibitionism.

So, what’s your WICC index? (Weekly Ice Cream Consumption) How big a task do I have before me?

We live in very odd and confusing times. They should name the ice cream 'Doltishly Dopey" or “Laughable Ludicrous” for the way they think.

Well, if you consider how much ice cream I’ve eaten of other brands over the years after I decided not to buy B&J’s, first you have a lot of catching up to do. Add to that that I ***live ***for ice cream…and you’ve got a mountain of ice cream to put away. :smiley:

Now, perhaps you’ll outlive me (I’m just this side of 50) and can catch up after I meet the Almighty. However, I’m sorta counting on there being glaciers of ice cream in Paradise. Does what I might eat in the afterlife count? :extrahappy:

What flavor is that ice cream anyway? Isn’t that the one with the fudge covered pretzel logs in it?

Seriously?? :eek:

dont see what all the fuss is about, I mean not every company in the world is ran buy devout christians, yet you dont boycott those, isnt this taking it to far,

B n J make awesome ice cream, its your loss

Good point. Walgreens sells the morning after pill, and I don’t see a boycott. But, these things make folks feel good for a while, so they are essentially harmless and fun. I haven’t noticed an exodus of Catholics from Vermont, either.

LOL! Seriously.

Am I the only one who thinks Haagan Daz tastes better?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.