Benedictine College vs. Franciscan University of Steubenville

Which do you consider better (or prefer) and why- Benedictine College or Franciscan University?

Post-Modern Catholics and ALL Protestants would be best served by Franciscan University of Steubenville.

It depends on what you are going to study. For medical related field and teaching, I would recommend Benedictine. For theology, liberal arts and teaching, FUS is very strong.

:popcorn:

I have no feelings or opinions on this until the Church tells me what I’m supposed to think and feel about it.

The OP asked for an opinion. Both colleges are in compliance with Ex Corde Ecclesiae. Therefore, one is free to offer an opinion, which I did – as did you in your earlier post.

As my father would say, “Its all about the fit.” There are bad colleges, no doubt about that, but above a certain point, you’ve got good schools and which one is best depends on who you are and what you want to do.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Franciscan; is there a need to take a shot at it like that?

Every institution has its detractors but I don’t think you’ll find a more reverent Catholic university anywhere in the world than FUS. Not to criticize Benedictine, which is also very good.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.