Benedictine Oblates: Proper Abbreviation for..err..Benedictine Oblate?

:)

The big day is approaching. :)

I'm wondering which abbreviation you use: OblSB or ObSB?

Why not ask them?

I have only ever seen OblSB… But ask them what the norm is.

:thumbsup:

[quote="JohnDamian, post:2, topic:212139"]
Why not ask them?

I have only ever seen OblSB... But ask them what the norm is.

:thumbsup:

[/quote]

I have heard both answers, actually ;)

I was wondering what the Oblates here used. :)

My abbey uses Obl.OSB so that's what I use. Probably the best thing would be to ask them.

I don’t think any of the Oblates that I know, in my monastery or elsewhere, that actually use the initials after their name. I have never used it.

[quote="Joannm, post:5, topic:212139"]
I don't think any of the Oblates that I know, in my monastery or elsewhere, that actually use the initials after their name. I have never used it.

[/quote]

\

I am not into titles much, but I think it is a good witness "Hey, what do those initials mean anyway?" ;)

I've only seen OblSB, but then again, I've never seen it behind someone's name either.

we have never been given permission to use any abbreviation after our names, nor has the subject ever come up, and I have never seen anyone do it, even in some of the national meetings I have attanded. Better ask your own directors

I have seen it quite a bit, actually. When I use it (which is infrequently), I use OblOSB.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.