Hey all. I am wondering about some things regarding monastic orders, I’ve been in discernment for monaticism in other religions but I am quite unclear regarding what the general rules are, so I’m kind of lost in what I should be looking at for discernment now that I am Catholic. I just kind of have a list of questions in hopes I might get a better idea.
- Are there monks that listen to music?
- Are there monks that can travel to and from monasteries?
- Are there long-haired monks (head not beard)?
- Are there monks who are allowed to go around the general area like a town?
- Can monks go to other areas to study or see friends (eg. Priest friends, bishops, etc.)
- Are all monks permitted to become priests if they want?
Many thanks all and God Bless