Benedictines of Clear Creek Abbey

Does anyone know if the Benedictines of Clear Creek are accepting vocations? They have no vocation information on their website.

clearcreekmonks.org/

Their website mentions how they are having housing problems because of the number of postulants. Clearly they were accepting vocations very recently; and might still be.

Why not telephone them and ask?

Clear Creek Monastery is certainly attractive to a lot of men. As a contemplative Benedictine abbey, what they are doing is somewhat unique. It would be a shame if they were turning away vocations.

EWTN recently aired an episode on the monks of the abbey. It is called Living the Liturgy, and can be seen here:
youtube.com/user/EWTN#p/search/0/0Rii92S_5Og

If you are interested in California…

:confused:Clear Creek Abbey is in Oklahoma.

Unless you were trying to suggest a traditional abbey you know of in California?

The only Abbey I know of in California that might fit the bill is the O. Praem (Norbertines). As I understand it, they offer both the OF and the EF, but they are Canons Regular and not contemplatives as such. There are also the Cameldolese, but I believe they are more like semi-hermits and, as far as I know, are OF-only.

[quote="HCC, post:5, topic:213416"]
:confused:Clear Creek Abbey is in Oklahoma.

Unless you were trying to suggest a traditional abbey you know of in California?

[/quote]

If by traditional, you mean in full commune with the Holy Father, then yes. Holy, holy men.

If you mean Latin Mass, then not to my knowledge.

If it is the 1st, PM me. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.