Benefits of the rosary

BENEFITS OF THE ROSARY

1. It gradually gives us a perfect knowledge of Jesus Christ.
  2. It purifies our souls, washing away sin.
  3. It gives us victory over all our enemies.
  4. It makes it easy for us to practice virtue.
  5. It sets us on fire with love of Our Lord.
  6. It enriches us with graces and merits.
  7. It supplies us with what is needed to pay all our debts to God and to our fellow men; and finally, it obtains all kinds of graces for us from Almighty God.
    BLESSINGS OF THE ROSARY
  8. Sinners are forgiven.
  9. Souls that thirst are refreshed.
  10. Those who are fettered have their bonds broken.
  11. Those who weep find happiness.
  12. Those who are tempted find peace.
  13. The poor find help.
  14. Religious are reformed.
  15. Those who are ignorant are instructed.
  16. The living learn to overcome pride.
  17. The dead (the Holy Souls) have their pains eased by suffrages.

Read more: abouttherosary.com/

I just clicked on the Sunday mystery, I almost chuckled at the artwork with Jesus holding a flag of England!
Sometimes I wish there was no artwork of Jesus because he looks so wrong and it takes something away from him, I mean he looks English/American white but let’s not go there!

My question is how do you pray with the rosary?
It has all the beads on it, right? How do you hold it and use it proper?
Also when you look at those mysteries on the site you provided, there’s a mystery for each day of the week, could you for example do the Wednesday mystery on a Friday or something?

http://home.catholicweb.com/olgalaska/images/Rosary/RosaryDirections.jpg

Jesus was white,but thats not a problem,he is son of God. English flag is based on Christian red cross.

Do you do all those things at once, in one big prayer or if you’re in a hurry can you just do the sign of cross and the apostles creed? There’s a lot there to remember!

I thought the same thing at 1st. Practice makes perfect I’ve learned
Use the diagram until you have it in your memory. Then, it’ll come naturally :slight_smile:

God bless :slight_smile:

I say several rosaries during the day. It centers me. I have set times for saying the rosary and my other devotions but I also pray the rosary partially throughout the day. I start and stop if distracted and then start up again later :slight_smile:

Our world is so full of noise and distractions it is hard to focus, for me anyway, on prayer. Some days are better than others. I can pray through distractions but my focus is not what it should be. But I offer the distractions up and move forward knowing that my Lord understands and hears my prayers anyway.

Just pray, as it has been the most life transforming thing I have done since coming back to my faith. Prayer is so calming which can only be benificial to us. Just my 2 cents

Thanks.

Take you time. If you are in a hurry, so what you can and do the rest later or start over. I don’t remember the end prayers, so I read them from a pamplet.

As to holding it, etc, search YouTube for rosary videos. I’ve only started the Rosary the last couple months, but I don’t think there is a set way to hold it, say it, etc. I read that The Lady of Fatima mentioned that 15 minutes should be the minimum, however.

Sometimes I can do it in 20 minutes and sometimes an hour, just depends on how long I take to say everything, my mood, etc.

Beautiful.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.