Beretta to move out of Maryland due to gun-control laws

Link

ACCOKEEK, Md. – Beretta U.S.A. announced Tuesday that company concerns over a strict gun-control law enacted in Maryland last year have made it necessary to move its weapons making out of the state to Tennessee.

The well-known gun maker said it will move to a new production facility it is building in the Nashville suburb of Gallatin that is set to open in mid-2015.

Good for them. :smiley:

It would be nice if they took the same stance as Barrett. Only sell to the LEOs, state government weapons/magazines/equipment which are available to the general public.

:thumbsup:
Yes ! Might as well do business in a state that supports the right of the people to defend themselves!

Nice to see a state like MD advancing job growth and economic progress in a time of unparalelled economic strife and turmoil. :rolleyes:

I am sorry for the many families now faced with layoffs thanks to inefective, onerous regulations.

Glad to see Beretta announced it well ahead of time to give people as much time as possible to try and decide on/arrange for moving or looking for other jobs. I’ve seen so many times where companies waited until the last minute to tell their workforce.

I agree, and don’t blame Beretta. They warned this may happen years ago.

Too bad. They could have come to Detroit. We don’t have any gun control issues to speak off.

ATB

No idea what the other considerations would be in terms of corporate income tax etc. But it would seem to be a good place given the history of manufacturing.

I live in MD. There’s not much hoopla here. Beretta has threatened moving before so it was only a matter of time before it did it. MD has a pretty good economy. Jobless rate is below national average. In June, we added 7700 jobs so losing a couple of hundred jobs wont hurt the state. As far as the employees go, following their jobs to TN has its positives. It has a lower cost of living so their dollars will go further. TN is one of the most dangerous states in the nation, ranked #1 in 2012 by USA Today based on violent crime data including a lot of gun deaths. So TN gun owners can use their guns to commit crimes and TN gun owners can use their guns to protect themselves. It’s a win-win whichever way they swing.:wink:

Gallatin Tennessee is a long way from Memphis. It’s a decent distance from the City of Nashville.

Take away those two, and Tennessee is pretty safe, all in all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.