Bernie Sanders Agrees to Debate Donald Trump

Bernie Sanders Agrees to Debate Donald Trump

Danny Freeman 5 Hours Ago CNBC

LANCASTER, California — In the latest twist to this unpredictable 2016 presidential race, presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders independently agreed Wednesday night to debate each other.

On ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” Trump was asked if he would consider holding a debate with Sanders. Trump agreed to the idea.
“If he paid a sum toward charity I would love to do that,” said the business mogul, noting that a Sanders vs. Trump debate “would have such high ratings.”

Sanders quickly responded with a tweet reading, “Game On. I look forward to debating Donald Trump in California before the June 7th primary.”

This response was also a jab at Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton, who this week declined to face off with Sanders in a previously agreed upon California debate…

Good opportunity for Trump to reach out to possible supporters.

More bad optics for Hillary,
she refused to debate Bernie but Trump will??

Actually it could help Hillary as it would give Bernie the opportunity to point out to his supporters how much he disagrees with Trump and that he does not want to see Trump anywhere near the WH. But I just heard a Trump campaign spokesperson say a bit ago on CNN that she is unaware of any plans being developed for such a debate or that Trump actually is planning to go through with it.

Are you suggesting that supporters of Bernie Sanders might find Trump’s policies more acceptable than Hilary Clinton’s policies?

More bad optics for Hillary,
she refused to debate Bernie but Trump will

:thumbsup:

Nothing is gonna help Hillary at this point! Heads are about to roll in the Clinton camp. What big hits she has been taking this week, wow. That tent is about to fold up. :shrug:

Democrats should be happy for Bernie, the future Democratic candidate! :thumbsup:

As far as jobs/trade and Washington elitism is concerned, yes. Various polls have suggested as many as 20% of Sanders’ supporters would vote for Trump instead of Clinton should she win the nomination.

You would be surprised. Sanders supporters will probably never side with Hillary since many believe she is the establishment, whereas Sanders to them represents the little guy.

They both point to the same problems, but one has a communist answer that will lead to more misery, and one has a capitalist answer that will bring prosperity to all.

The question is whether the public school system brainwashing can be corrected, if people can recognize truth, or just what tickles their ears.:shrug:

A Sanders supporter siding with Hillary over Donald Trump. On policy issues alone, economic policy, healthcare, wages, etc it’s a no brainer to me to support the Democratic candidate over the Republican Party any day.

A win-win situation for both Trump and Sanders .

Well as a fellow Sanders supporter, you are probably aware of the Bernie or Bust movement.
That is what I am talking about. When I am saying that not a whole lot of Sanders supporters will simply rush to Hillary,that’s what I mean.

Of course it’s obvious to side with anybody that isn’t running Republican especially Trump.

If I’m understanding you correctly, if you don’t support Trump over Sanders it’s the result of brainwashing by the public school system?

I did my first 6 years of school in public schools and the last 6 years in Catholic school. Did my brainwashing happen in public school or did it perhaps take place in Catholic school. I’ll give you a hint: I turned left when I was in high school.

Trump is not concerned with your or my prosperity. I think it’s foolish to believe otherwise.

I am. I was also aware of the never Trump movement. Now granted those in the never Trump movement were more establishment. But there’s no rush. There is still over 5 mos. A lot also might depend on how Bernie takes on Trump I think. He gives every indication of not wanting the guy to be POTUS.

Well one thing is certain Hillary is too scared to debate anyone, in fact she lied about that also and debating Bernie in Calif which btw she is gonna lose.

Hillary is too scared to speak without pre approved questions and a teleprompter anyway which we all witnessed.

Trump-Sanders debate would be Hillary Clinton’s worst nightmare

The contest would no doubt be the most-watched event in Sanders’ political life and Clinton wouldn’t even be there to defend herself. For a campaign that’s been suffering a number of failures lately, its refusal to debate Sanders and setting off this alternative contest vs. Trump is perhaps the biggest failure yet. She can’t even benefit from a sympathy factor if Trump and Sanders get too nasty in attacking her in absentia, because her absence is entirely her own fault.

I don’t think that will happen. I think the establishment Dems will roll out Biden as an alternative.

That’s actually untrue. She’s not too scared of debating Donald Trump. She actually is looking forward to it.

realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/05/17/hillary_clinton_on_debating_trump_im_really_looking_forward_to_it.html

In a debate setting, he can be nimble and quick on his feet. I can easily imagine him coming up with a zinger that might cut her to ribbons. She should be careful what she wishes for.

Trump would clean Bernie’s clock, LOL.

She lied about Bernie about debating in Calif which was agreed upon.

We hope Secretary Clinton will soon make good on her campaign’s commitment and agree to a time and place for a debate. There are issues of enormous importance facing the people of California and our nation and the people of our largest state deserve to hear the Democratic candidates opinions.”

Indeed, Fox News and the San Francisco Chronicle have expressed interest in co-sponsoring the debate, which would come before Democrats in the largest state in the nation go to the polls June 7.

Earlier this year, under heavy pressure from the Sanders campaign, Mrs. Clinton agreed to three additional debates — one in New York, one in Michigan and one in California…Washington Post

My opinion is just as I stated and coincides with above, and she avoids FOX as she prefers softball pre approved questions. Fact is she is a liar and basically weekly and a fractured candidate. Democrats against Hillary is growing daily and I encourage all to follow them and their readings, I learn more about Hillary from them than anyone.

She is a walking scandal.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.