Besides an appeal to Church authority, is there another argument for why one must attend Mass on the weekend?

I am trying to help some parishioners at my Church who are very fervent about their faith, and attend Mass every week, however it is not always on the weekends (Saturday evening, or Sunday). They hold the idea that as long as you keep one day a week for Mass, then it should be “good enough”.

I’ve argued that the Church itself (being the authority here, as well as the mouthpiece of God) has stated that it is only fulfilled on Sunday (or Saturday evening), as this was the day that Jesus rose from the dead.

Besides appealing to the authority of the Church and Scriptures (particularly St. Paul and Luke’s Gospel), is there another argument I can reason to so that I can show them they are wrong?

Thanks,

-l.o.l

The following links should help answer your question about Sunday Mass. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Is missing Sunday Mass considered a mortal sin?
*]Is Missing Mass a Grave Sin?
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.