Best books/movies to help with meditating on Christ's Passion!

Dear all,

I would like to spend more time meditating on the suffering of Christ. I already know of some awesome resources, i.e. Mel Gibson’s the Passion of Christ and St. Margaret Mary Alacoque’s Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#MEDITATION_FOR_THE_FIRST_FRIDAY_IN_EACH_MONTH. I will soon purchase St. Josemaria Escriva’s book: The Way of the Cross. And we all know that there is one book that reigns supreme: The Gospels.

Am I missing anything? Is there anything else out there that helps one to truly understand and feel empathy for our Savior’s suffering? Thank you very much in advance! :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve always liked the Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ :slight_smile: I hope it’s approved by the Church?

I like “The Mystical City of God” by Mary of Agreda and “Revelations of St. Bridget”.

Fulton Sheen’s The Life Of Christ

Jim Bishop’s The Day Christ Died

Benedict XVI’s Jesus of Nazareth Volume 2

Thank you Monica4316, KevinAK, and Catholic19545 all very much! :thumbsup:

Catholic1954, I also like Revelations by St. Bridget of Sweden. It is my favorite book and has done wonders for my faith by answering simple questions. That was the book that led me to want to spend more time meditating on the suffering of Christ!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.