Best Christian apologist vs Islam?

I am interested in Islam (in addition to Atheism) and interacting with Muslims. I think that the 2 biggest apologetic challenges to Christianity today are atheism and islam.

Who is the best Christian apologist vs Muslims?

Is there a reason why so many of the familiar apologists like Staples, Sungenis, Madrid, Pacwa, Akin, Hahn etc dont seem to focus too much on Islam (and Atheism)?

What are some of the best Christian vs Muslim debates?

Thanks everyone

answering-islam.org/

william lane craig has some on youtube.

theres a good one from john ankerberg on youtube also.

Any of Robert Spencer’s books. They are well researched and he was recommended to me by an ex-Muslim. Likewise, he has been interviewed on Catholic Answers.

Athisism - Robert spritzer

Islam- robert spencer

William Lane Craig hands down...I just wish we had him as a Catholic. :o

[quote="itullian, post:3, topic:307671"]
william lane craig has some on youtube.

theres a good one from john ankerberg on youtube also.

[/quote]

John Anderberg may have a good video on Islam but he is very anti-Catholic and I would be careful watching him on anything.

If I may give my 2 cents my friend.

Rather than aim to find a good apologist against Islam, I suggest you first plan your line of attack.

So the first question to ask is,

1. Is Islam true/false/**incomplete **or not worthy of assent?
  2. how do you know Islam is what you answered in (1)?
  3. how do you know Catholicism is true?

Then you should pick apologists to support specific points you want to use to answer (2) and (3) above.

So this is usually how I tackle Islam. For (1) I say Islam is not worthy of assent

Therefore, for (2), I say Islam is not worthy of assent because of the following

1. Mohammed claims knowledge of more accurate information on an event that took place 600 years before his time
  2. Mohammed claimed his knowledge was from God but did not provide any miracles to think he indeed had knowledge from God
  3. The Koran’s predictions of the future would render the Koran would say that Mohammed was like a sci-fi writer such as H.G. Wells or Arthur C. Clarke but not divinely inspired
  4. Mohammed died and was no more
  5. Therefore, there is no reason to give assent to the Koran as the word of God or Mohammed as a prophet since there are no reasons to do so

Now for (3), I say

1. Historical evidence and arguments from martyrdom for Christ, his death and resurrection
  2. Since Christ rose from the dead, he is worthy of assent
  3. Christ was a teacher had students (Apostles)
  4. Apostles had their own students (Apostolic Successors)
  5. To learn and assent to what Christ taught, I assent to the Catholic Church which has the successors of the Apostles and the Successor of Peter.

After you have done something like the above, then you can dig up different apologists to get information on how to defend/attack each of the above points. This applies to arguing or convincing others of ANY RELIGION as far as I have discovered. Good luck! :slight_smile:

P.S. Word of mention about Apologist who take on Islam. Most tend to go about this the wrong way by trying to point contradictions in the Koran etc. These methods are futile because it is no different that Protestants trying to show contradictions of Catholics teaching with the Bible. Just as Catholics have elegant solutions to reconcile these differences, so too Muslims. Even if they did not, it does not disprove Islam for it is possible that Islam will find a nice solution at a later time to reconcile their inconsistency. So I generally tend to stay away from most Apologetic that try to discuss matters on theological grounds. I suggest to go to the heart of the matter i.e. WHY ACCEPT THE THEOLOGICAL FRAMEWORK OF ISLAM OR CATHOLICISM TO BEGIN WITH.

:thumbsup: :blessyou:

H?ng m?c nh mÃu lÃ*m logo, du?c nh mÃu hÃ* n?i thi công cho nhi?u doanh nghi?p hay t?p doÃn trên toÃn qu?c. nh mÃu lÃ*m logo mang d?n s? sang tr?ng, chuyên nghi?p, th? hi?n s? l?n m?nh c?a công ty hay t?p doÃn. Luôn lÃm b?n hÃi lòng v?i s?n ph?m và d?ch v? c?a chúng tôi. B?n s? hoÃn toÃn yên tâm khi d?n v?i chúng tôi.

?ng d?ng c?a kÃnh mÃu lÃm logo: **
Lôgô g?n trên kÃ
nh mÃu ch?u l?c, thay cho v?t li?u nh?a, mika thông thu?ng, t?o nên s? sang tr?ng l?ch s? và nâng cao thuong hi?u cho quý doanh nghi?p, S? d?ng kÃnh mÃu có d? dÃy t? 6mm d?n 8mm kÃnh ch?u l?c.Du?c do d?c d?t hÃng c?n th?n, lên m?u thi?t k?, gia công kÃnh. Chúng tôi th?c hi?n theo m?t l? trình chuyên nghi?p.
T?n tâm & Chuyên nghi?p ch? có th? lÃ
chúng tôi " nh MÃu
N?i".

Hình ?nh kÃnh mÃu lÃ*m logo

Translation?

[quote="ffg, post:11, topic:307671"]
Translation?

[/quote]

It translates as spam. The original language it's in is in Vietnamese and we've been seeing quite a few spam posts in that langauge over the past few days.

Hi, if you want to find the true religion , then you should make steps

Step 1

Ask your self truly why you are here in earth, in other words what is the the purpose?

Step 2

pray god who create everything from nothing from your heart late at night alone ask him to show you the right path, dont give up every night for a few nights and then god will guide you to the right way , he give you in your dream if ask him with high and pure Intention and faith in your pray only to him. or he may give you hints show your path.

if you notice everyone die us, jesus, mosa, Ibrahim solomon, mohammed and all prophets, so we all go same way.

step 3,

Write all your questions you may concern

Examples of questions that every human needs to know the answer: who is the creator, do we have reward for every action good or bad, is the Quran from evil, what is death, how will face it, are we able to handle such as the moments of death, what is the process, what is the soul, where does she go when we are sleeping, is sleep like death, is really there hell and heaven, how the life in heaven, how the hell looks like, is there really judgment day, how long that day is it like our day 24 hours?

step 4,

Find the answers in every religion with high value of truth.

Quran is the biggest Miracle for mohammed if you can Imagine, and the proof is never change since 1434 years go read all countries all of them has same book such as Arabic, English, Spanish, French, and all other has the same meaning and no one ever can write a one sentence throughout history until the judgment day and also you will feel the Quran could easily organize your life so give a shot to answers below that are pure from Quran: ((these are random verses from the Quran)) so I give you the name of section so you can easily find any verse you might be interested to know more information that. You didn’t even know how much reading this book is definitely feeds the soul. This world has the ability to trap us in a box so small especially if we attach ourselves to it, the Quran makes us think outside that box.

may god guide you,

These are answers to some questions, answers might be random, so you might interested in, btw answers from Quran

1. answers from: Surah Surah Al-Ikhlaas or At-Tauhid (The Purity)
  • Say (O Muhammad ()): "He is Allah, (the) One.

• "Allah-us-Samad (The Self-Sufficient Master, Whom all creatures need, He neither eats nor drinks).

• "He begets not, nor was He begotten;

• “And there is none co-equal or comparable unto Him.”

1. answers from: Surah Al-Hashr (The Gathering), (Quran)

*He is Allah, than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the All-Knower of the unseen and the seen (open). He is the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful.

*He is Allah than Whom there is La ilaha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He) the King, the Holy, the One Free from all defects, the Giver of security, the Watcher over His creatures, the All-Mighty, the Compeller, the Supreme. Glory be to Allah! (High is He) above all that they associate as partners with Him.

*He is Allah, the Creator, the Inventor of all things, the Bestower of forms. To Him belong the Best Names . All that is in the heavens and the earth glorify Him. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.

1. answer from Surah Al-Mulk (Dominion), (Quran)
  • god Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving
  1. answer from Surah Adh-Dhariyat (The Winds that Scatter)

*Verily, that which you are promised (i.e. Resurrection in the Hereafter and receiving the reward or punishment of good or bad deeds, etc.) is surely true.

*Who are under a cover of heedlessness (think not about the gravity of the Hereafter)

*They ask; “When will be the Day of Recompense?”

*(It will be) a Day when they will be tried (i.e. burnt) over the Fire!

• “Taste you your trial (burning)! This is what you used to ask to be hastened!”

• Verily, the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2) will be in the midst of Gardens and Springs (in the Paradise),

• Taking joy in the things which their Lord has given them. Verily, they were before this Muhsinun (good-doers - see V.2:112).

*They used to sleep but little by night [invoking their Lord (Allah) and praying, with fear and hope].

• And in the hours before dawn, they were (found) asking (Allah) for forgiveness,

• And in their properties there was the right of the beggar, and the Mahrum (the poor who does not ask the others) ,

• And on the earth are signs for those who have Faith with certainty,

• And also in your ownselves. Will you not then see?

• And in the heaven is your provision, and that which you are promised.

*Then, by the Lord of the heaven and the earth, it is the truth (i.e. what has been promised to you), just as it is the truth that you can speak.

1. answer from Surah At-Takwir (notice these verses are serial)

*(the Qur’an) is not the word of the outcast Shaitan (Satan).
*Verily, this (the Qur’an) is no less than a Reminder to (all) the 'Alamin (mankind and jinns),
*To whomsoever among you who wills to walk straight
*Then where are you going?(where are minds going to make you think that the Qur’an from Satan) .
*And you will not, unless (it be) that Allah wills, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

I am taking a history of Islam class (am taking it because the professor is very easy).

I have to say that Islam was definitely influenced by early Christianity (Catholicism).

I do not know any good Catholic apologist vs Islam but a good place would be the Catechism.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.