Best classic Christmas album

There are a lot of classic Christmas albums from the '50s-'60s time frame - just wonder which ones people here like. I put a few of my favorites in the poll, but feel free to suggest others!

Christmas at a Trappist Monastery

I love me some Nat King Cole. Funny thing is, though, I never really cared for the "The Christmas Song" itself (the song, not the album).

Actually same here- not my favorite song on the album. I like his “O Tannenbaum”.

Edit: scratch that, I love his “O Holy Night”. Note that the Nat King Cole album is the most “religious” of the 4 that I posted (although they all have a mix of traditional Christian and secular songs).

I voted “other”, and nominate GREEN CHRI$TMA$ by Stan Freberg:whistle:

Where’s Loretta Lynn? A “best classic Christmas album” poll with no Loretta Lynn?

Tsk, tsk. :tsktsk:

[quote="havana1, post:6, topic:267463"]
Where's Loretta Lynn? A "best classic Christmas album" poll with no Loretta Lynn?

[/quote]

I guess that does fit the genre of 1960s Christmas albums. But it's not one my parents ever played, which is the real definition of "classic".

I had to vote "other" because you did not allow multiple choice.

Andy Williams and Bing Crosby are tied for number one.

Ummmm....there's a question about this? Clearly, Nat King Cole with Bing Crosby in second place. All others just wish they could be so awesome.

[quote="Phaedra777, post:8, topic:267463"]
I had to vote "other" because you did not allow multiple choice.

Andy Williams and Bing Crosby are tied for number one.

[/quote]

Sometimes we just have to make tough choices.

Personally I agree, those are the best two; the ones that bring back the fondest memories of Christmas as a child. However I chose Bing Crosby. I used to listen to "Christmas in Killarney" over and over and over again.

You forgot A Jolly Christmas by Frank Sinatra.

remember Mitch Miller?

my dad picked up the latest album at the Firestone-RCA store each year when he got his snow tires put on, they were great

radio reception is not great out here but I just found a station playing the classic Christmas songs from 50+ years ago, pretty cool, just had Gene Autrey (and the Chipmunks but at least I won’t have barnyard chickens and Christmas shoes)

[quote="Gordon_Sims, post:11, topic:267463"]
You forgot A Jolly Christmas by Frank Sinatra.

[/quote]

I knew there had to be a classic Sinatra album; I just didn't know which it was...

don’t remember the album but Ole Blue Eyes singing I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day is a favorite

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.