Best friend having surgery and needs prayers

My best friend, Linda, is undergoing some major surgery today due to serious female issues. An oncologist will be working with the Gyn to figure out what is going on. Blood work came back negative for cancer (PRAISE GOD) but there are other things that are being looked at.

She has been there for me over the yrs. whenever I needed her due to my illnesses. A few times she’s driven from her home (2 hrs. away) to take me to the ER for bowel obstructions and stayed w/me until DH came from work to be with me in the hospital. I’ve been there for her when she’s needed me as well.

Linda is the kind of person who’d give a stranger the shirt off her back, a hug, or lend an ear if someone needs a kind heart to listen. We’ve been together for 20 yrs. as BFF. She is an awesome example of how a Christian should live their lives. We met at a local ostomy support group when I was a pt. at the hospital I frequent. My GI told me to go to the support meeting as I was getting depressed due to flaring up. I went and introduced myself to her. She was there w/her DH gathering info on surgery options so I sat down next to her and shared my experience/expertise (in bunny slippers mind you lol) on living w/an appliance.

After she had her surgery she came back to the group and wanted to volunteer her time as well. Since then, we’ve been through good times and bad times in each other’s lives. Her faith in me kept me going at my darkest moments. I’d take her spot in the OR if I could b/c I’ve been through it many times & don’t want to see her suffer. I thank God every day for bringing her into my life.

Please pray for her as well as her DH and only daughter. She knows that I am asking everyone I know to pray for her and she truly appreciates their kind words of support.

God Bless. :slight_smile:

Praying…

Dear Lord,

Please bless Linda and her daughter during Linda’s surgery. Please give them the grace to get through whatever comes their way.

amen

Dear Father in Heaven please look after, protect and heal Crohnie4life’s very dear friend Linda as she undergoes surgery and as she recovers from it. Grant that she fully recovers her health. Bless also her daughter and Crohnie4life as well. In Christ’s name. Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee,
Blessed art Thou amongst women
and Blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Rove

Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Daughter

She sounds like a wonderful person.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, chrohnie4life has such a beautiful friend and loves her so much. May her friend have a successful surgery and quick recovery so she and chrohnie4life can continue to glorify you with their beautiful friendhip. Amen.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please Have Mercy upon Linda, and help her medical troubles to end soon, if it be Your Holy Will. Remind her to offer up what sufferings You allow for her up to You, and reward her for her patience, perseverance, and friendship. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Am praying for Linda and her family. God bless them and you in all their/your endeavors.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

Great News!!! Your prayers have worked!!!

My best friend’s daughter cld to tell me that they found no evidence of cancer at all. She had a lot of scar tissue and adhesions around her female organs and urinary tract so they got rid of it. Plus,her small bowel dropped and was causing the pain all along instead of a tumor or cyst.

Anyway, she is still in the hospital hooked up to NG tube and a catheter. Once she is home, I will share this with her.

Thank you again for praying for my best friend. God bless you all!!! :slight_smile:

That is WONDERFUL news :extrahappy: I will continue to hold your friend in my thoughts and prayers.

I agree -wonderful news!!! will continue to pray.

hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Thanks Star. It was touch and go for us a few weeks ago with the blood work and all. We were both worried it’d be cancer (I prayed so hard for the Lord to give me the bad stuff as I’ve been in and out of the hospitals most of my life and have dealt with physical pain. She has an awesome career as a medical assistant in a dermatologist’s office. She only had a h.s. education and then married and had Rachel. Once Rachel married, she wanted to do something, so she applied for the job which was on the job training and WHAM–she caught on and all of the patients request her b/c of her bedside manner plus the MD loves her b/c she is a hard worker). I know that she is needed and has so much going for her.

As for me, I am not able to work due to a past stroke and my crohn’s. On top of a blood clotting disorder, I can’t sit for hrs. at a time and need to walk. So, I am praying for the Lord to keep on using me for volunteer work for CCFA and am praying that the surgeon can decide what to do w/my case as he doesn’t agree with the radiologist—surgery or no surgery. AUGH!!! First it was a no go due to being a high risk & he’d only fix it if it were life and death…after crying(by myself) that I really wanted the hernia fixed I finally accepted it as God’s will. Now, the topic is brought up again it may happen due to , I forget the medical jargon, and I am on the fence now. It would be great to have it fixed so I won’t have any more appliance and skin problems but I only want it done if the surgeon says I really have to. sigh

I am just glad for Linda. She deserves the best in life. :smiley:

Keeping you in my prayers as well. May God bless you, Linda and all your loved ones in all your/their endeavors.

hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

Any news on how Linda is doing?
Praying for Linda and you…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hello Side,

Linda is finally home but the MD told her she has to wear the catheter for another 2 weeks due to the area that was worked on not healing as fast.

She is in good spirits but tired and sore. She wishes to extend her many thanks to all for their prayerful support.

God Bless.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Thanks for sharing about your friend as such a great witness of Christian love.
I thank God things were better than she’d feared.

However it’s another opportunity also to pray for you with your serious needs.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Praying…
hallowed be Thy Name.
deliver us from evil.
Amen

the Lord is with Thee.
pray for us now, and
Amen

and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.