Best Friends Mom Has Died

I have a prayer request…My best friend Tonya’s Mom died on Thursday and the funeral is today. As one can expect, she is not taking this good at all. I know there is only so much I can do for her…I’ve been praying for her everyday since this has happened and even before.

Her Mom had fought and won a battle with breast cancer a few years ago. Last Jan. she was told that she had cancer and this time it was in her bones. She was a fighter and started treatment. It didn’t work this time. The cancer spread to her brain and there was nothing that was able to be done. At the beginning of Dec. she was pretty close to death. My friend Tonya came back from Tennessee to say goodbye and was told that her Mom would be dead before Christmas. Well, the fighter that she is made it a month longer than they thought she would. Tonya said that she talked to her Mom 2 weeks ago and couldn’t understand a word she said…The day before she died, her Mom was able to talk clearly and told her how proud she was of her and that she loved her. That was the last time she talked to her Mom. Her Mom helped her raise her 2 boys. They were extremly close. Please keep her in your prayers and also me so I can have God’s wisdom as to what I can do for her.

I will pray for your friend, her mom, and their family.

I just lost my own mother a couple weeks ago. She battled cancer too. It is surprising how it can come back so suddenly, or strike a certain organ/part of the body so quickly.

God Bless.

Our Father in Heaven
Holy be Your Name
Your Kingdom come
Your Will be done
On earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our sins
As we forgive those who sin against us
Do not bring us to the test
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace!
The Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
And Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Holy Spirit.

As it was in the beginning
Is now and ever shall be
World without end.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon her.

May she rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon him.

May she rest in peace.
Amen.

May the souls of the faithfully departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May he rest in peace. AMen.

Lord, please grant Keri the wisdom and deep love she needs to help her friend in this time of mourning. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

Amen

Merciful Father, hear our prayer and console us. As we renew our faith in your Son,
whom you raised from the dead, strengthen our hope that all of our departed brothers and sisters
will share in his resurrection,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto Tonya’s Mom, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Eternal rest grant unto Tonya's Mom, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

LORD Jesus
Have Mercy on ur Daughter

Eternal rest grant unto Tonya’s Mom, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen

Eternal rest grant unto Tonya's Mom, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.