Best Guide to Confession

:confused:
There are so many guide to confession on the internet.
Can you all tell me the one you find the best?

It’s not “one size fits all.” I think it depends on where you are in your spiritual life.

The examination of conscience I found most helpful when I was making a general confession after many years of unconfessed sin is very different from the ones I find helpful as I try to overcome lesser faults and strive for perfection (believe me, I’m still a long way off from perfection!).

Find one that speaks to your heart, that challenges you in the areas of your life you know you need to work on, that “stings” a little when you read it.

Or, even better, make up your own based on the Commandments, Part Three of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and the areas of your life that you know need healing. You can even pick out parts of several examinations of conscience that might sometimes apply to you, and compile them in your own.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.