Best Indiana Jones movie

In honor of the fourth Indiana Jones movie, I made this poll. Which movie is the best?

I voted for the Last Crusade.

In general I find it rare that a sequel is better than the original movie, so I would have to say that the first one was the best. If anyone can name a sequel that was better than the first movie I would like to hear it. The Temple of Doom was absolute garbage by the way.

Absolutely! The Spider-man movies. The second one was waaaaay better than the first. Also,

Shrek 2
Star Wars 2 (or episode 5)
Lord of the Rings 3

Just to name a few

I like the Search for the Lost Ark the best. It’s definetly one of the best action movies ever made. I thought what ultimately happen to the ark is a hilarious concept.

Never take a sword to a gunfight.:smiley:

Glad to see nobody chose “Temple of Doom.” That movie sorta stinks.

Oh, yes. And let me add to that The Mummy 2

As a fan, Raiders. I must say that Last Crusade wasn’t bad, but…

As an archaeologist, I have to point out archaeologists have a love/hate relationship with Indiana Jones movies. Indiana personifies all that archaeologists aren’t (even for the time period depicted). But the movies are still a guilty pleasure that did get a lot of people interested in archaeology. I’d also wager that there are a sizable amount of archaeologists who have a bullwhip and/or fedora tucked into a drawer somewhere. :cool:

Well, one of the big reasons I’m a professional historian today is because of those movies… :thumbsup: I don’t have a fedora or a whip, but I do have a leather jacket just like Indy’s… :stuck_out_tongue:

Raiders was the best one. I have high hopes for the new one, though.

Lol, yes, as I said, it influenced a lot of people. But to think of archaeology as some glamorous quest for a single artifact…:stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, the whole crystal skull thing is a letdown. Known hoax and all… I’d at least prefer another Biblical theme…

**The best was Raiders, because it seemed more “fresh”. The Last Crusade was the next best, because we caught a glimpse of Indy’s early years and how he came to be.

“We named the dog Indy.”**

Last Cruesade was my favorite, but I loved them all. Can’t wait for the new one.

Gee, I can’t make up my mind although my first inclination was to say Raiders of the Lost Ark! Guess I am going to just have to find the time to watch them all so I can make up my mind :D.

I am looking forward to the new one too.

Brenda V.

Last Crusade - Harrison Ford AND Sean Connery. :smiley:

Doom was garbage.

The first one was the best. The third one was great, but I didn’t like some things in it.

I’m a failure of an archaelogist and often wonder why I chose law. :stuck_out_tongue: I remember looking exactly like Indiana on holidays and even up to this day, I just need earth-coloured trousers and shirt (hurrah for washed away colours) and a hat. I think I’m going to try an, “archaeology of law,” something (yes, it does exist) after doctorate one day or I’ll go crazy.

I loved Raiders best, mostly because of the great relationship between Indy and Marion Ravenwood, and I am so happy that Karen Allen will be back as Marion in the upcoming movie. Kate Capshaw’s character was annoying and Allison Doody’s character was meh. I only hope that they can get Sallah back in the new movie since I could listen to John Rhys Davies talk forever.

I can’t tell you how tickled I was to come across this poll this morning!

I’m gearing up for my first confession next week - something I’m both looking forward to and terrified of at the same time. Last night I was meditating about this and reading Romans 5:1-2…

• “Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access (by faith) to this grace in which we stand*…”

I was thinking about how my faith will carry me through whatever fears I have about first confession… and out of nowhere I recalled Indy toward the end of “The Last Crusade” saying, “only the penitent man shall pass” - ROFL!!! :rotfl:

I laughed my head off, but it really did seem to be applicable to my situation!

I vote for the first one. The second one was pretty irritating, and the third one was pretty good.

I wonder, has any one else read any of the Amelia Peabody mysteries? She sort of reminds me of Indiana Jones crossed with Mary Poppins.

Yup, :yup: my vote ! :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.