Best low carb cookbooks?

DH and I both need to switch to a lower carb diet…which is probably gonna be hard with our Southern tendancies, but we are gonna try. :stuck_out_tongue: I have PCOS, so I know low carb diets are the way to go to treat that…

Any recommendations for good low carb cookbooks? Any good low carb recipes?

Thanks so much…we’re really hoping this change will result in the blessing of a baby! :smiley:

The Southern diet does just fine on low carb. So does Tex-Mex.

A lot of people will tell you that fake sugar is bad. I have yet to find a study that proves it witout flaw, so in my opinion, help yourself to the Splenda. You can cook with it!

My favorite low carb cookbook is the Internet. I also like The South Beach Diet, which has a lot of good recipes in it, as well as Dr. Atkins Quick and Easy New Diet Cookbook.

Cookbooks are all made out of paper–that’s like 100% carbs. On the bright side, they’re high in fiber, though…

:rotfl:

Sorry… the literal interpretation was just too funny for my to pass up. This is why I don’t have any friends. :smiley:

Thanks for the recommendations, OutinChgoburbs! I’ll look those up! :thumbsup:

:rotfl: :blush:

Try:

Living Low Carb and The Low Carb Cookbook, both by Fran McCullough

and The Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook by the Drs Eades.

All can be found used on Amazon at very reasonable prices.

I’ve heard great things about the south beach diet. I knew several people who went on that and they all had good success with losing weight.

Dr Eades protein power website has great recipes on the blogs

the south beach cookbook is great for fancier restaurant inspired meals, and indeed the diet gets its name from recipes created by chefs at those places in Miami.

Atkins for life and the Carb addicts diet are great sources, also the 4 corners or Go diet by Drs Goldberg and Omara have good recipe sections, as do the Zone books

all of these have websites with great recipes and links

3fatchicks.com reviews popular diet programs, has forums and links to lo-carb sites (as will as to diet plans based on other philosophies)

bear in mind SB has also a low-fat mentality, while Atkins and some of the others do not (although all ban transfats), so do look at that if it is of concern to you

Sugar Busters!

It’s the best. Especially because it focuses on low carb instead of no carb.

And, the doctors who wrote it are from New Orleans. They know all about southern cuisine. There are several cookbooks that use the principles of Sugar Busters including two cookbooks by the Brennan family, of Brennan’s restaurant fame and one by the authors of the Sugar Buster book.

I don’t know any info about LC cookbooks, but if you go to www.lowcarber.org there is a link to cookbooks. I frequent the forums there which has a plethora of LC information, support and links to recipes:thumbsup: .

amazon.com/George-Stellas-Livin-Low-Carb/dp/0743269977/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214873945&sr=8-4

Eating for Life (by the author of Body for Life).

I second George Stella’s cookbooks, both the George Stella’s Living Low Carb that was previously posted and his other book, Eating Stella Style. I’ve really enjoyed everything I’ve made from them.

I second the recommendation for The Low Carb Comfort Food Cookbook.

I also like Fix it and Forget it: Low Carb for the Slow Cooker.

I hate to cook. It’s so nice to be able to throw a few ingredients in a crock-pot and walk away for six hours.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.