Best man at a wedding

I will be gettibg married next year and I have two brothers. It would be very difficult to choose between them for a best man. Can I have both of them as a best man in a Catholic ceremony?

[quote="jlmcnamara1977, post:1, topic:290933"]
I will be gettibg married next year and I have two brothers. It would be very difficult to choose between them for a best man. Can I have both of them as a best man in a Catholic ceremony?

[/quote]

There is no such thing as 'best man' 'maid of honour' titles in the Catholic ceremony. There are "witnesses" and they can be whoever you choose. You can give both your brothers the title of 'Best Man' if you want, but in the end you need 2 witnesses to sign the register and the marriage documents. Will your bride want her maid-of-honour to be one of the witnesses.

Here's something else to consider:

My son is getting married in August and since he and his bride each have only 1 sister, she opted to name them co-maids-of-honour.

OTOH, my brother picked his best friend, not my other brother, as his best man. Why not do that and have your brothers as ushers?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.