Best Non-Catholic Book

I am very interested in your thoughts on the best book about a non-Catholic religion you have ever read. By this I mean a book about a non-Catholic religion that really made you think. For me it would have to be **Holy Days: The World of the Hasidic Family **by Lis Harris (1995). This book describes the world of the Lubavitchers (one of about 40 Hasidic sects), a conservative Jewish group in Brooklyn that “live in a kind of biblical present.” It helped me understand the lived reality of the sanctification of life and of being religious in the modern world. I would recommend it to all CAFers today. What non-Catholic book taught you something or influenced your thought?

I haven’t read them yet, but many highly recommend Bishop Kallistos Ware’s The Orthodox Church and The Orthodox Way. I would move to read them both to gain more insight into the Orthodox Church.

C.S. Lewis’s The Great Divorce.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.