Best-Selling Author Michael Crichton Dies

Best-selling author and filmaker Michael Crichton died unexpectedly in Los Angeles Tuesday, after a courageous and private battle against cancer, according to a statement released by his family. He was 66.

Crichton is best known as the author of “Jurassic Park” and the creator of “ER.” His most recent novel, “Next,” about genetics and law, was published in December 2006.

Crichton’s first bestseller, The Andromeda Strain, was published while he was still a medical student. He later worked full time on film and writing. One of the most popular writers in the world, his books have been translated into thirty-six languages, and thirteen have been made into films.

cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/05/print/main4575403.shtml

RIP :crossrc:

Loved his book, and was (for a while at least) a fan of his TV series ER

I just found out!

I loved all his books and was hoping for some new one’s! :frowning:

He was my favorite author.

RIP

he bravely wrote the book about climate change and global warming - can’t remember the title now. it was a great book.
he wasn’t afraid to come out and speak his belief about the global warming fear mongers.

State of Fear.

The post novel commentary at the end of the book notes some EXTREMELY interesting parallels between the AGW alarmists and the eugenics movement of the 1920’s-1940’s. Must read.

On his recommendation, I read “In a Dark Wood” by Dr. Alston Chase and really got an education on the philosophical underpinnings of “deep ecology” and how they are utterly incompatible with catholicism (though that was not the intent nor explicit message of the author).

thanks for the title. my mind was blank. interesting about the parallel. i hadn’t read that. he will be missed. i enjoyed his novels.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.