Best-selling Author Will 'Prove' God's Existence

MEDIA ADVISORY, April 26 /Christian Newswire/ – After ABC ran a story in January about hundreds of atheists videotaping themselves blaspheming the Holy Spirit, best-selling author Ray Comfort contacted the network and offered to prove God’s existence, absolutely, scientifically, without mentioning the Bible or faith. He and Kirk Cameron (co-hosts of an award-winning Christian TV program) challenged the two originators of the “Blasphemy Challenge” to a debate on the existence of God. According to Comfort, he and Cameron (an ex-atheist) are qualified to debate on the subject. Comfort had not only written a book titled “God Doesn’t Believe in Atheists”, but had spoken at Yale on the subject of atheism, and been flown by American Atheists, Inc., to their 2001 annual convention to be a platform speaker.

ABC loved the idea, and will host a debate in New York City on May 5, 2007. Moderated by Martin Bashir, the debate will be streamed LIVE on their website and will also be filmed for “Nightline.”

Oh my. Oh my, oh my…

I checked out the “Blasphemy Challenge” website…it sickened my heart.

They are asking people to record video of themselves “damning themselves to hell” by denying God – in particular, the Holy Spirit – on the basis that Scripture says blasphemy of the Spirit is unforgiveable.

I watched a couple of the denials, and it made me so very sad…my Lord, it made me sad. One fellow was wearing a t-shirt that said “F— Jesus”, and he said proudly that “the Crucifixion is fiction”. I only got through a couple of them before I had to stop.

I wanted to beg the organization’s leaders to stop encouraging this, but I could see no effect I could have. This is a problem – what do we do?

My first reaction to seeing that Kirk Cameron and his buddy were participating in the debate was to roll my eyes (in thought, anyway), but I pray that God will guide them in the debate.

This is far worse than my normal experience and understanding of the typical atheist – this is a militantly atheist organization that is mobilizing and actively spreading its message.

Oh, this is one of the saddest things I’ve ever seen…

Peace,
Dante

I had to add this – it made me laugh. Check out the automatic Google ads on the right of the Rational Response Squad’s website:

Explore Joe Mama

Peace,
Dante

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.