Best Show on TV

With the Emmys coming up this Sunday, I was wondering what you guys thought the best show on tv was? In other words, what am I not watching that I should watch?

Here is a quick rundown that I found, with possible moral problems/good things about each show. I must confess, I don't watch most of them, are there any that I should watch?

tvcatholic.blogspot.com/2011/09/emmys-preview.html

It's not on the list, but I recommend Doctor Who :thumbsup:

MLB - Seattle Mariners Baseball. It's all I watch...

Someday they may even win

God bless

“Mad Men.”

you can always jsut make your own tv shows there called writing books :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

P&F
lol
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I would recommend Saturday Night Live.

My husband and I have watched it for years, and consider it one of the most politically-conservative shows on TV. They are always fair. Yes, they made fun of Bush’s word-twisting, but they make just as much fun of Obama’s clipped speech.

The current cast is probably the most talented ever. We can’t stand Kristen Whig, but many others find her funny. But I think that Sam Armiston is amazing, and I love Bill Hader’s impersonation of Keith Morrison.

NCIS, which was totally snubbed by the Emmys

Listening to comments made by family and friends, there appears to be a decent amount of tv shows worth watching. Some shows they recommended to me were The Middle (comedy), Law and Order (all versions of it), CSI (all versions of it), Wipeout, American Idol, Americas Got Talent, Falling Skies, and Lost. I’ve also heard 24 is a great show to watch. I really done watch too much tv but there is one series that I follow and that is Fringe (on Fox). I only started watching it at the beginning of the third season but the first two episodes of season three were fabulous (literally out of this world). I rented season one which seemed to me to be just a series of bizarre events that were being investigated by the Fringe Division (of the FBI) each episode. As you get closer to the end of season one the overall story starts to take form. Alot of things start clicking in your head and you start to see (but not truly knowing yet) where the show is going. The season finale of season one is mind boggling. Season two of Fringe (in my eyes) was the greatest series I have ever seen on television. This series was a very well thought out and put together.
Granted, there are some very strange episodes and it does carry a parental discretion advisory but that is due to the many autopsy performed of some of the bizarre people. I highly recommend the show if you like a hint of science fiction in your tv shows. It also has some humorous moments too.

You beat me to it. :smiley: I love Doctor Who, too bad its a bit under appreciated here in the States.

[quote="Myqyl, post:3, topic:256314"]
MLB - Seattle Mariners Baseball. It's all I watch...

Someday they may even win

God bless

[/quote]

Seattle Mariners!? Oh you poor thing! :p

Personally I like all the shows like “Bigfoot Quest” and “Monster Hunters” and “UFO Files” and “River Monsters” and such. I hope one of those wins.

I can only comment on US television, but since those are the only shows eligible for the Emmys, I guess that is okay. :o

Frontline, the documentary series on PBS, is a standout.

So are The Daily Show, with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report. They are often very witty, and sometimes informative.

I love Dances with the Stars and the Mentalist.

Probably my favorite show that is currently airing new episodes on TV is Burn Notice. Since I don't get USA, I have to wait until it comes out on DVD every summer. :o

Swamp people, and Walking Dead

[quote="Magister102, post:1, topic:256314"]
With the Emmys coming up this Sunday, I was wondering what you guys thought the best show on tv was? In other words, what am I not watching that I should watch?

Here is a quick rundown that I found, with possible moral problems/good things about each show. I must confess, I don't watch most of them, are there any that I should watch?

tvcatholic.blogspot.com/2011/09/emmys-preview.html

[/quote]

Are you affiliated with that blog? Every post you have made on CAF has been about TV and most of them have linked to this obscure and seldom-trafficked blog.

I'm all for a certain amount of self-promotion, but there's no need to do it covertly. Be shameless about it! :p

I'm being a tad facetious. For all I know, you just stumbled upon the blog and happen to like it.

American Treasures or Do You Know Who You Are?

Mad Men and Breaking Bad

Blue Bloods
Eureka
Haven

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.