Better off as a puddle of blood in an abortion clinic

The statement below is part of a post that someone made another forum I’m on that debates abortion.
Children who are beaten without cause, severley punished for minor infractions, visibly hated by their parents. Some of those children may never have their childhood scars heal. Some of those children, Godd forgive me, would have been better off as a puddle of blood in an abortion clinic.

I have tried very hard on this particular forum to be charitable despite some the most vulgar insulting comments made. But this particular staement rocked me to the core. My husband was the victim of awful abuse and to say this incredible man whom I love with all my soul, who is an amazing dad would be better off as a pool of blood on an abortionist table just ripped through me like a knife. I think I did ok with my reponse, I really had to hold back.

The sad thing is people believe this is compassion to kill off unborn children because of the sins of their parents.

I’m really just venting here, my heart is just hurting. Instead of putting effort forth to help these kids it’s just easier to kill them off and be done with it. May God help us.

Sad to say I used to think the same way. I am so glad that Jesus has softened my hardened heart. I have regretted decisions I have made in the past and although I know the Lord has forgiven me these sins it is still a cross that I have to bear. That statement is cruel and unwarranted as testified by your DH. Hold him as a true gift of God and as a reminder as to the miracles God can do in our life’s. Life is to be given and taken by God only, not by man. I will pray for the person that made that statement.

Don’t get so involved in debate that it causes you to sin in your heart. It is so easy to become angry and embittered by these people. God will or will not change their way of thinking, in his time not ours. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Love and peace to you

It is an interesting argument to suggest that we’re doing people a favor by killing them.

Suppose I took a 9mm Glock to the poorest, most wretched place on earth, and put the gun to the head of 100 children and said “you can be miserable or you can be dead” - how many children would ask me to pull the trigger?

Hey, abortionists - don’t do me any favors,OK?

This is part of the thinking that life with pain isn’t worth living.

Remember that next time any liberal says anything about the “quality of life.” Translated, they are going to increase the quality of life by removing those whose life we deem of “low quality” from the statistics. Voila, they have increased the average “quality of life” in the society. Hillary is particularly adept and tear-jerking “I care” speeches about the quality of life.

Alan

The parents dehumanize the poor children, and the liberal who wrote that text adds to the dehumanization of the little one.

“the little ones are gonna be dehumanized by their parents, so I might as well join them in doing so.”

Just plain sickening.

My comments on this are not an endorsement of abortion nor an agreement with the posted statement. I do not seek to insult you or in any way add to the distress it has caused you.

This being said, I’ll simply say that I can understand the statement; the thinking behind it. You see, I was one of those children. And now, later in life, I still wonder if it wouldn’t have been better, forgive me merciful Lord, if I hadn’t ever been born.

Because this is a public forum, I can not provide the details. Life, for me, as a young child, youth, and adult was a “living h*ll” and terror. I came to believe all sorts of terrible, wicked things about myself, others, and God. Not the least of these was the belief that I was evil and cursed by God. Many, many nights tears flooded my pillow. Rarely, did a day go by that I wasn’t assaulted by verbal and emotional abuse; sometimes it was accompanied by physical. “Eternal damnation” meant nothing to me. In my mind, I was already living it.

It seemed that every moment of each day became a source of hurt and pain. When I did something “wrong” (meaning that which was perceived as wrong, whether it was or not), I was meet with violence; usually, in a very disproportionate degree to the “transgression” I had “committed.” When I attempted to do something good, I received the same treatment because I “didn’t do it right.” When I was around other people, because I was so uncomfortable being around them and awkward socially, I was “punished” by their ridicule. I hated, hated myself and life.

Even today, as I look back over my life, when I think of the mortal sins that were visited upon me, the worthlessness that I lived with (the dog truly got treated better than I), and the excruciating hurt and pain; there are still moments when I think it would have been better for me and others if I hadn’t been born.

If this makes you recoil, I have a suggestion. The next time you see a film of a war, say WW II or Vietnam, and see a bombardment; think of what it would be like to live a life in which the “bombardment” never stopped, with a “rapid-fire” of insults, of napalm bombs that seared your soul, that you would have rather been a prisoner of war and tortured than to life the life that you were, and that there would never, ever be a truce.

Yes, I do not say that I agree with the statement, but I do, indeed, understand how one could come to such thinking and reasoning.

[quote=savone]My comments on this are not an endorsement of abortion nor an agreement with the posted statement. I do not seek to insult you or in any way add to the distress it has caused you…

[/quote]

Savone I do not recoil from you statements, I grieve for the pain you’ve been though - and the wounds you carry that have yet to heal from your hellish experience. My husband took years to over come the demons that haunted him from childhood - I’ve seen the pain first hand -and the numerous addictions and depression that came along with it.

Because this person I was addressing on another forum’s words pained me does not mean I discount the immense suffering some children endure at the hands of their own parents and other’s who should be protecting them.

If all this money that was used to campaign for abortion was used to help in the protection of abused and neglected children maybe we’d be making a considerable dent in the horror of child abuse.

Although I was never beaten I did endure years a horrible verbal abuse so in a small way I can understand the pain you are referring to.

I pray that God heal’s those wounds for you and surrounds you with people who will let you know how important you are to this world, and what a gift it is that you are present among us.

God Bless.

I was an abused child. I take it that the person who made that post was not. I love it when people, liberals mainly, think they know what’s best for others without actually experiencing it. Sure the first 18 years of my life sucked to the point where I was suicidal, but I lived through it. Those who think that pain is just an unnecessary part of life are wrong. If no one experienced pain, no one would learn, grow, mature, wisen at all. The best art, music, writing etc. comes from pain.

Because of what I went through, I never had a childhood, I miss that. But I also like the feeling that I am a mature person who is completely capable of looking after myself. I had that responsibilty since I was 12 and it gets me where I have to go. I have no shame in what I have gone through because I would be a completely different person if I didn’t. And whose to say that I wouldn’t hate myself and my life more if I had’ve had a “better” life…

smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_9_18.gif Dear Savone - the next time your mind returns to the evil that was done unto you - say “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”. That will get you started on the horror that Our Lord experienced for our sake. He did it because nothing could remedy the evil that mankind does to the innocent - only He could fix it. I am sorry you suffered and am happy you survived!

People who would say “better off …” are so filled with themselves that they cannot spend the time and brain cells to be real! They just want to “quick fix” their “compassion” and move on! Selfish is the word I think best describes them.

It’s just as sad to think that we have no faith in ourselves or our fellow humans. Apparently we are so unable to overcome adversity in our lives, that if we were to be born into bad circumstances, we have no will, ambition, etc to overcome it and use our experiences to teach others and make a better world. Just kill us before it starts. I don’t get.

Many of you know that I lean towards “Sola Scriptura”. That said, I’ll give you a response that someone from my school of thought would use on this topic.

“Mercy Killing” is not biblical. 2nd Samuel shows us a “mercy killing” where an Amekelite tells David that he “Mercy Killed” Saul at Saul’s own request. David promptly had his men kill the Amekelite for killing “God’s annointed”. So even in OT times ,it appears “mercy killing” was not acceptable by the followers of God.

Its something that the people who saw Terri Shiavo as a woman who “should be allowed to die” by starvation failed to grasp.

So…now we are supposed to believe they have psychic powers?
That these children “would have been” more miserable - so abortion is a gift?
There is no possible way they could claim to know any of this.
Many of these children would also have been very happy. Most children- it would have been a mixed bag just like it is with the rest of humanity.

A civilized society addresses the issue of suffering by working to alleviate what causes the suffering.
A barbaric society addresses the issue of suffering by killing off those who suffer.

In the movie “Tombstone,” the characters Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday are having a conversation about Ringo, one of the most ruthless outlaws they’ve faced. As I remember it, their exchange goes something like this:

Doc Holliday: Men, like Ringo, have a hole so deep inside it can never be filled.

Wyatt Earp: What do they want?

Doc Holliday: Revenge.

Wyatt Earp: Revenge for what?

Doc Holliday: For being born.

One doesn’t have to look very far to see that there are a lot of people with “deep holes.” Some are adapt at covering them over. Some do, indeed, seek their revenge. Some have what seem to be dramatic interventions in their lives. Still others struggle a lifetime making steps “upward,” only to slip and sink again. And, some get so far and then just stop. Some exist in a “deep hole” into which very little light shines, so they wither and die, spiritually or physically, or both. Such has been, and is, the human condition.

It takes saintly compassion, patience, mercy, and love to “be with” persons with “deep holes.” In some ways, they’re like persons who have been in a concentration camp and are starving to death. If they eat too much food, too quickly, they will literally eat themselves to death. Yet, if they eat too little, they will continue to starve.

If we consider the enormous sums that are spent for (here you can make your own list), one can rightly wonder what percentage it would take to make a very significant difference in the lives of our children and youth. IMHO, this doesn’t seem to be the direction in which we are headed; meaning, more and more people with “deep holes.”

“The wounds of humanity cannot leave us indifferent; we must heal, console, and care for the multitudes os suffering individuals and peoples.” John Paul II.

Why limit it to abortion? Why not kill off the dozen (two dozen? a hundred? a thousand? who decides?) most miserable people in your state every day? Why not clean up the loose ends that the abortionist missed? Let the streets flow with blood for the good of the people!

:eek:

This reminds me of a topic discussed in the Toronto Star. Canada (or Ontario i should say) will legally open up adoption records for adoptees. People wrote in with their opinions and suprisingly (or not), the adoptees thought it was great that the option was there. Those who have never been adopted thought it was a horrible, psychological damaging law that should never be passed. People are so quick to judge who deserves what. So quick to judge people in entirely different situations and try to tell them what they should do. Being adopted (as well as abused as a child) I’d love to see “these people” walk a day in my shoes or anyone else whose been through this situation. They wouldn’t be so quick to supply their solutions…

So many of us are like Job’s friends and neighbors while so few are like Job himself.
Hope I didn’t confuse anyone, but I read portions of Job before mass this afternoon. What a wonderful book whose story can be applied to any tragedy that befalls us in this day and age.

Dear savone,

I suspect my own life situation was very different than yours, but I have experienced some of the feelngs you described. For several years I have have been overcoming a severe case of bipolar disorder which, in my fairly well informed opinion, was not caused by a “chemical imbalance” but by spiritual, mental, and social despair.

Let me assure anyone who is still down in the dumps that it doesn’t have to last forever, and the Holy Spirit can heal us of a lifetime of emotional wounds. The time schedule is betwen the Lord and our willingness and ability to submit to His healing. The pain we are suffering now is nothing compared to the glory of the peace we will experienced when we are healed.

The whole world, since the creation, was about separating and reuniting. Cleaving (as in separate) and cleaving (as in combine). Dying and rising to create fruit 100-fold. Grieving and rejoicing. Sounds bipolar (like ying/yang) in its very nature!

Alan

Welcome to my world, or at least the first 6,200 days.

Before being given away, I would be thrown (literally) into my crib, slapped repeatedly about the body, and accompanied by screaming that people heard a block away. After haven been given away and still as an infant, more yelling and screaming, beatings, and in appropriate acts with my penis. It only escalated from there. Witnesses have verified all of this.

There were beatings with hands, rolled newspapers, brooms, bottles, rulers and yard sticks; belts; cigarette burns; hands put on a hot stove to teach me not to put my hands on a hot stove; strangulation; kicked; alcohol and food thrown in my face; and, threats to cut off my penis. To teach me not to ask for anything, if there was a particular piece of clothing I liked (e.g., a jacket), it would be destroyed in front of me because of an “infraction.” Some of this done in front of other people.

Then, there was the verbal stuff: “You’re a jackass.” “You’re a simpleton.” “Your real mother was a whore.” “You’re an SOB.” “You’re an idiot.” “What you need is a 2x4 upside the head.” “You’re no d___ good.” “You’ll never amount to a d___ thing.” “You’re a liar.” (Was made to eat soap on this one). “You’re a thief.” “Can’t you do anything right.” “You G__D___ SOB, I ought to take care of you with a butcher knife.” “Why in the h__ I put up with you I’ll never know.” “I’ll ship you off to reform school.” “I’ll ship you off to prison. They like young boys there.” “I’ll ship you off to your real mammy. Her boyfriend will straighten you out quick.” (The “F” word hadn’t come into use yet; hard to tell what else there might have been).

Despite in being determined, as a child, I had a high IQ; I had extreme difficulty concentrating and barely passed in school. Nearly every activity or association that I tried I was either never accepted or thrown out of. I was beaten up at school, ridiculed by classmates for the condition of my clothing and “stupid remarks,” even made fun of by some of the teachers. I was 14 and still having difficulty controlling my bodily functions. Thankfully, the soiling my underwear stopped around then, but the bedwetting didn’t stop until my late 20’s. I ran away a number of times (for a total of roughly 6,000 miles) always to be returned to the same setting. (Think I didn’t get some punishment then). I was in juvenile court several times (Lord only knows what it would have been if the drug scene had kicked in while as this was going on). Oh, yeah, and all of the above was “my fault because I was such a sinful person,” or, at least, that’s what my Protestant “pastor” told me.

For those who might have some difficulty relating, go volunteer with a Child Protective Services Unit for a time. What happened to me is only the “tip of the iceberg,” as recent events in national news demonstrates.

I’ll close with the first words of my original post.

My comments on this are not an endorsement of abortion nor an agreement with the posted statement. I do not seek to insult you or in any way add to the distress it has caused you.

This being said, I’ll simply say that I can understand the statement; the thinking behind it. You see, I was one of those children. And now, later in life, I still wonder if it wouldn’t have been better, forgive me merciful Lord, if I hadn’t ever been born.

Savone:

I’m sorry for all the pain you were caused as a child. I pray that those people never harm you again. You are adult now, you no longer have to assosciate with those people. You can assosciate with Christ though. Go to Jesus and the Eucharist. Ask for a spiritual healing.
Maybe you are a person who can help save the lives of other children one day. Maybe that’s why you are still here. Every soul has a purpose my dear man. Maybe your purpose is to help the others around you.

May you come close to our Mother. May she be the REAL mother that you deserved as a child. May all your suffering one day find it’s purpose and end.

God Bless you for sharing your story.
Amber

[quote=rayne89]The statement below is part of a post that someone made another forum I’m on that debates abortion.
Children who are beaten without cause, severley punished for minor infractions, visibly hated by their parents. Some of those children may never have their childhood scars heal. Some of those children, Godd forgive me, would have been better off as a puddle of blood in an abortion clinic.

I have tried very hard on this particular forum to be charitable despite some the most vulgar insulting comments made. But this particular staement rocked me to the core. My husband was the victim of awful abuse and to say this incredible man whom I love with all my soul, who is an amazing dad would be better off as a pool of blood on an abortionist table just ripped through me like a knife. I think I did ok with my reponse, I really had to hold back.

The sad thing is people believe this is compassion to kill off unborn children because of the sins of their parents.

I’m really just venting here, my heart is just hurting. Instead of putting effort forth to help these kids it’s just easier to kill them off and be done with it. May God help us.
[/quote]

May God have Mercy on that person’s soul. I admit some people do not deserve children, but that doesn’t mean those children don’t deserve to live.
We need not only concentrate on getting abortions eliminated, but we need to worry about the children who are here. The ones getting beaten and killed. Those kids need us too.
I’m very pro-LIFe, so abortion is never the answer.
I just wish we could put effort into stopping the domestic abuse also.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.