Between first confession and Easter

Hi all.

So, I’ve made my first confession in RCIA. But, I’ve committed mortal sin and I know I can’t receive my Confirmation or First Communion in mortal sin. Plus, I just don’t want to be in mortal sin! Since I have had my first confession, am I fully able to go back and confess at any point? I know I have not yet been fully received into the Church, but I have been baptized (and had a priest once tell me that I was acceptable to receive absolution at any point because of that). Thoughts?

Yes,
You can go back. I went back multiple times between my first confession and Easter Vigil.
God Bless you on your journey

First, God bless you on your RCIA journey. Yes, since you are Baptized & have received your first Sacrament of Penance, you may now go to confession again at any time. I’ll be praying for you at the Easter Vigil.

First off, welcome and may God continue to guide you on your journey home!

Second, yes you can go back to confession. In fact, it is important that you go back. As you said, you know you cannot receive communion or confirmation in mortal sin. So go back to confession. The Lord is calling for you to come to him fully and without inhibition. And his mercy is infinite. So take him up on this gift of grace and love.

I did yesterday! It was just as powerful as the first time. Definitely go. The priest didn’t seem phased at all that I told him my first confession was two weeks prior.

The day preceding ash Wednesday is the pancakes day,which is also know as the shrove Tuesday .The word shrove came from shrive which means “confess”.As cofessiion is a common practice during Lent days. It is the starting of HOLIDAY BUZZ of Easter.
It is referring to the practice of the last night of eating richer, fatty foods before the ritual fasting of the Lenten season, which begins on Ash Wednesday.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.