Beware of phony vatican site

originally I put it here. but this is of such vicious nature, I think it deserves more attention.

you may wish to read the following replies

forums.catholic.com/showpost.php?p=661390

Maybe this website could post a warning for this phoney bologna “'vatican” website so this warning doesn’t fall behind and lost in the forums?

[quote=abcdefg]originally I put it here. but this is of such vicious nature, I think it deserves more attention.
[/quote]

Why do you think this is not a Vatican IP? The Vatican is an entire (small) country, so I imagaine they own more than one IP address.

[quote=VociMike]Why do you think this is not a Vatican IP? The Vatican is an entire (small) country, so I imagaine they own more than one IP address.
[/quote]

Yeah, and since the first three numbers (xx.xx.xx.YY) are the same, that is the same IP range of the Vatican.

It looks like an exact duplicate…why is it so vicious? Is it putting out misinformation? How do we know for sure it isn’t a Vatican website? It is in the same IP range.

Both ip numbers belong to servers at the Vatican. Nothing is phony about either one.

What was the phony information? The link that goes to a press release about JPII THe Greats hospitalization or That Levada was appointted to CFDoF?

Archbishop Levada apparently believes he was appointed:

sfarchdiocese.org/ablappointment2005.html

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2]** STATEMENT OF ARCHBISHOP WILLIAM J. LEVADA
May 13, 2005**[/size][/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] [font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=2] On the occasion of the announcement of my appointment as the new Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith I want to express first of all my profound gratitude to our Holy Father, Pope Benedict XVI, for the trust he has placed in me to ask me to take the position that he himself filled so effectively for the past 24 years. I can only say that I will do my best to live up to that expression of trust, with the help of God…[/size][/font][/size][/font]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.