Beyonce quits movie A Star Is Born

i was reading on the internet and came across the headline Beyonce quits movie. i was curious as to what movie she was making that she dropped out of. it said it was A Star is Born which was being directed by Clint Eastwood. i didn’t see the reason she was dropping out, but i was wondering if it had to do with politics and the performance Clint Eastwood had with the empty chair at the republican convention. i know that Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z recently did a fundraising event to help Obama. any thoughts or does anyone have any information on why she dropped out?

She said it was sehcudling issues, but the speculation is that it was because of politics. How could somebody not have enough time for a Clint Eastwood movie? I suspect it is politics

No, it’s not politics…she has music and other work obligations contractually, the new baby, and the scheduling of the film shoot has been delayed so much she can’t fit the 3-4 months in anymore.

It’s probably best not to speculate. Even though it can seem that way at times, not everything is about politics. :o :wink:

I think that it is reasonable to see that she and the hubby are huge Obama supporters ,and that Clint Eastwood basically decimated Obama, even to the point of running his finger across his neck. With the level at which they idolize Obama, I can’t see them “getting along”.

:thumbsup: Totally agree with this.

actually, i believe they were to begin the movie before and then she got pregnant so it was postponed.
i think Beyonce is a wonderful entertainer when it comes to music. i am not a big fan of hers when it comes to acting however. the movie A Star is Born is a classic and i was disappointed to hear that Clint Eastwood had chosen her to be the star so i am looking forward to who his next choice will be.

i agree.

It seems this is a troubled movie and it is stuck in the mud. Beyonce has walked away once before, retuning when Eastwood was named the new director, back in January 2011

The superstar singer and actor is thought to have ended her involvement in the production due to delays in setting a start date for the film. The pic still lacks a male lead despite a three year search that has sailed through the names of a slew of top stars including Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Robert Downey Jr., Eminem, Christian Bale, Jon Hamm and Bradley Cooper, according to The Guardian.

This is not the first time Knowles took her leave from A Star is Born. She actually came back on board when Eastwood was named director in January last year after departing over production delays prior to the announcement. Eastwood hopes to pattern the latest Star in the vein of the 1976 version, which starred Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson, which moved the story from the film biz to the music industry.

movieline.com/2012/10/11/beyonce-clint-eastwood-a-star-is-born/

What, are they remaking this movie again? It’s been done three times already.

Yes, but not in 36 years. New stars, new generation of movie-goers, new profits.

thanks for the info Dale M. :thumbsup:

I just don’t see Beyonce and Jay-Z as being deep enough or politically committed enough to get upset with Clint over his shenanigans.

well, they held a fundraiser for him, just a few weeks ago so i would call that being politically commited. :shrug:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.