Bible Commentary

I went looking for Reginald Fuller’s “A New Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture”, but struck out since it is out of print.

As an alternative, I ordered “The International Bible Commentary: A Catholic and Ecumenical Commentary for the Twenty-First Century” by William Reuben Farmer. The Table of Contents lists all the books in the Catholic Bible.

Is it safe to rely on this commentary?

You’ll find a used copy of Bernard C. Fuller’s *A New Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture * at abebooks.com. You also might want to do some price checking at other online used book sites.

I’m not familiar with The International Bible Commentary: A Catholic and Ecumenical Commentary for the Twenty-First Century by William Reuben Farmer; however, you’ll find some helpful customer reviews of this commentary on amazon.com. You’ll also find a brief online review of Farmer’s commentary at
firstthings.com/ftissues/ft9902/reviews/briefly.html#inter

I can recommend the following commentaries:

*A Catholic Commentary on Holy Scripture * (out-of-print)
Copyright 1953 by Thomas Nelson & Sons–Douay Version of the Bible has been taken as basis.
(Rev. Reginald C. Fuller was on the Editorial Committee)
To order: loomebooks.com/theological/booksellers.html

Navarre Bible Commentary:
ewtn.com/ewtn/catalogue/index.asp

Overview of Bible versions and commentaries:
ewtn.com/expert/answers/bible_versions.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.