Bible in Latin

I’ve been looking for a close translation of the Latin Bible used by the Roman Catholic Church and unfortunately that editions aren’t popular in Denmark.

I saw the Vulgata from the German Bible Society and from Hendrickson Publishers as well and it seems it doesn’t fit in what I am really looking for.

Do you guys know a place where I could buy? I’ve heard this site churchlatin.com but I ain’t sure if they are trusted.

You could read it for free on the vatican website: vatican.va/archive/bible/nova_vulgata/documents/nova-vulgata_index_lt.html

But if you want to buy it, do you want the Clementine Vulgate or the Nova Vulgata?

well thanks, but I prefer to have a physical version, I guess Nova Vulgata is the latest edition used in the Vatican. But it doesn’t really matter since both we’re used and approved by the Vatican Council :thumbsup:

Do you mean a Latin version or a translation from Latin into Danish or English?

This is the Latin version I own.

amazon.com/dp/3438053039/

For a translation in English, the usual is the Douay-Rheims, which you can also find in bilingual edition with Latin text in the other column… No clue about Danish.

Well I’m looking for a Latin Edition, with Latin text. The thing is I cannot find either Clementine or Nova Vulgata anywhere. As I mentioned that website, it has the Clementine version but I ain’t sure if they are trustworthy

It is a trustworthy and scholarly edition. It is not, however, “the Clementine.” Check out this bilingual edition.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1905574444/

Well thanks for the suggestion. I kinda meant this website churchlatin.com/

But thanks anyways

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.