bible software

2 questions suggestions

1. is there a software program that can paste passages from the bible into forum threads and replies to threads instead of having to manually type them.

2. how about a category devoted to bible software and web sites

thanks

newadvent.org/bible/

just copy and paste.

I guess the New Advent bible is the Douay-Rheims translation.

The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has the New American Bible translation online. usccb.org/nab/bible/

Again, just copy and paste! :slight_smile:

here is the RSV hti.umich.edu/r/rsv/browse.html

www.e-sword.net
very good free downloadable Bible study program. Copy and paste.

At CAF please use:

Sacred Scripture
Bible versions, interpreting passages, study tools, commentaries

I’m going to move this thread over to the SS forum.

You can search the Douay-Rheims at drbo.org

Here’s the NRSV. bible.oremus.org/

I like www.crosswalk.com. In their bible study guides you can get just about every English version of scripture - even the Douay-Rheims and Latin Vulgate (and it is a Protestant site). The site also has a lexicon so you can look up the Hebrew and Greek behind the English translations. From a Catholic point of view, the commentaries that go with the scripture are not so good, but that’s to be expected.

I also like the site at www.blueletterbible.org. It is a bit more difficult to learn to negotiate at first, but once you learn there is a wealth of information - including direct links to all the verses using certain word on the same page. That is advantageous if you do not want to have to scroll back and forth from one page to another. Also a Protestant site - but very good for getting scripture passages and the meaning behind the words. They even break down the individual verses into their component Greek or Hebrew parts. Hope that helps.

MBS1

bible.cc/ Welcome to the Online Parallel Bible!

google.com/search?hl=en&q=online+bibles

google.com/search?hl=en&q=online++bibles+catholic

Wow, that site has a lot! I bookmarked that one.

I recently purchased the QuickVerse software, which is really quite amazing even though it mostly features Protestant Bibles (KJV, NKJV, YLT, NRSV, etc.) and Protestant commentary (i.e., Matthew Henry, Adam Clarke, etc.); however, they do feature the Douay-Rheims Bible in addition to several other Catholic texts, as well. I feel it was a wise investment. You could probably find a copy of the Basic version for $79+, if this is something you might be interested in.

New program from Harmony Media

I downloaded this trial version of Welcome to the Catholic Church v 4.0 and it blew me away!
This is the answer to the Catholic problem of not having a good Catholic software program available to us. This one has it all…Just to list a few:

• New American Bible
• RSV Bible: Catholic Edition
• Encyclopedic Dictionary of Biblical Terms
• Theology of the Body
• Maps, Music, and 1500 Illustrations
• Catena Aurea
• All Vatican II Documents
• Hundreds of modern church documents
• All John Paul II documents (1978-2005)
• Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger)
• Church Documents: Nicea - Vatican 1
• Code of Canon Law
• The Catechism of the Catholic Church (2nd Edition)
• The Roman Catechism
• The Catholic Catechism (Hardon)
• Summa Theologica (by St. Thomas Aquinas)
• Ecclesiology: The Church of God (Bouyer)
• Listings for all United States Dioceses
• Homilies of Pope John Paul I I (1978-2005)
• Cycle of Readings (updated to new Lectionary)
• Sacraments and their Celebration
• Catholic Prayers
• Lives of the Saints (3 Volumes) (NOT Butlers)
• Church History (2 Volumes)
• Some Early Christian Fathers

Download and Info:

http://www.harmonymedia.com/cdrom/welcome/welcome.htm

This is a totally new format unlike the “old” v.3.0., its very user friendly, and so easy to navigate, very nice, it’s really a blessing to have all these Catholic resources available in this one fantastic program.

If you are unable to download the files you may request a physical disc by sending your name and address information along with your phone number to Harmony Media at harmonyinfo@harmonymedia.com or leave message at 888-427-6334

Wow! That’s fantastic!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.