Bible Stories On Screen

Greetings Everyone,

I’m starting a community where I want people to show their films about the Bible. If you shot a Bible story on film or if you know of someone who did, this is the place I would like for all of us to show our stories on screen. I would like all filmmakers, amateurs and professional to post their videos of stories from the Bible and create a community where we will all discuss it and inform each other about it. Please let me know what you think about this idea and how can we get for people to know about this. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

biblestoriesonscreen.blogspot.com/

Hey there GetUpKid,

I think it is a great idea. Rebecca, from the Catholic in Film School blog, is a contributor to my blog called Catholic Tech Tips.

She posted a great plogpost titled: “So you want to be a screenwriter, eh?”. Check that out be sure to read her followup comment as well. Some great ideas and tips on how to really improve your movie-making skills.

When you get your blog up and going, let me know and I will add you to our links (a.k.a. blogroll) section of our site.

If you have a Rotten Tomatoes profile, you are welcome to join the group I started a while back called the Catholic Film Review. Most of the reviews I’ve posted have to do with issues of morality. Feel free to join.

Well, may God bless all that you do and remember to stay close to His Word and to His Sacraments. The further we go from these amazing gifts, the more we try to do our own will rather than God’s will. Just some friendly advice that I’ve learned the hard way. Hope to hear from you soon.

In Christ,

Joshua

Great links Joshua,
Thanks

What I’m looking to do is getting filmmakers involved in showing their films about stories from the Bible,
It’s really hard to get this going as there aren’t many filmmakers that shoot these kinds of films.
I’m trying a way to find them and get them together so that we would all get inspired.

This is a good idea.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.