Bible Study Group

Hello y’all,

I want to suggest something to each and every one of you that maybe we could get started here on the Forum. Many other forum sites for different Protestant groups have online Bible study groups that they are online maybe one or two days a week where people would read a passage of Scripture and then discuss it and go along with some theme for x number of weeks. We need this on this website to get Catholics immersed in the Bible.

Does anyone have any suggestions to how we could get this started on here?

Anyone interested in this idea or would like to help out with some suggestions, &c.,?

Blessings!

Landon

Feel free to PM or email me!

We've had a Bible study for a number of years and used different books and online resources. This is one of them:

agapebiblestudy.com/

It is very scholarly, very detailed. There are questions to discuss throughout the chapters but no "Study Guide" or "Leaders Guide" as we've had in other studies. But we definitely learned a LOT. The Salvation History study will get you deep into the Old Testament which is something I certainly needed. It is very long 28 weeks, but many of the chapters are short so you could conceivably do more than one per week.

Here is another I've heard about on EWTN and sounds great. We may use in the future:

cssprogram.net/

Hope this helps.

Lisa

[quote="landon13, post:1, topic:330235"]
Hello y'all,

I want to suggest something to each and every one of you that maybe we could get started here on the Forum. Many other forum sites for different Protestant groups have online Bible study groups that they are online maybe one or two days a week where people would read a passage of Scripture and then discuss it and go along with some theme for x number of weeks. We need this on this website to get Catholics immersed in the Bible.

Anyone interested in this idea or would like to help out with some suggestions, &c.,?

Blessings!

Landon

[/quote]

I seem to remember us trying something like that sometime ago here in the Scripture forum. But it sort of fizzled after awhile.

You could start a CAF group for that purpose (or maybe there is one already). Or else, I would think that posting it under the "CA Book Club" forum would also be a possibility, but I might check with the moderator first in case they'd prefer to keep such threads in the Scripture forum.

Hello y'all,

Blessings!

Landon

[/quote]

I'm interested. I think someone did this but it was thru facebook. I don't have a facebook account so that won't work for me.

Maybe just start a thread on this form, Sacred Scripture forum, with the name of the Bible Study on the title or maybe in the Group Memberships forum. We could use the agapebiblestudy and use their questions and post them just one after another or read 1 chapter a week on a particular book and just make comments?

I would be interested in doing a Bible study on the deuterocanical books or really any book that someone wants to start. I just don't know how we would format it here and regular email or PM would be a pain in trying to read each other's responses.

But great idea. I like this idea also because my hearing is not good in group settings and I am a little ADD and get distracted easily!

Any other suggestions? I will do a search on the computer and see what I come up with.

Peace

Hello y'all,

Blessings!

Landon

[/quote]

I would be interested. I think a few have been tried. In the one experience I had what happened was that non Catholics got involved and it become just like the forums so instead of studying Sacred Scripture in light of Church teaching it becomes a debate which is what the forums are for. What makes you think Catholics are not immersed in their Bibles?

Even just a discussion on daily mass readings would be interesting

I would be interested.

Here are some online Bible Studies:

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?SeriesID=-306548622&T1=

ewtn.com/faith/teachings/index.htm

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/seriessearchprog.asp?seriesID=7046&T1=

ewtn.com/vondemand/audio/searchprog.asp?pgnu=1&T1=scott hahn

agapebiblestudy.com/Bible_Studies_Menu.php

vatican.va/offices/papal_docs_list.html

nccbuscc.org/pope/writings.htm

globalchristians.org/ebooks/index.html

catholic-bible.org/esther/index.htm

catholicity.com/baltimore-catechism/

biblechristiansociety.com/download

some nice people have tried to do the sunday readings, but they sort of run out of energy to keep up the effort. contact Fidelis.

[quote="sirach2v4, post:9, topic:330235"]
some nice people have tried to do the sunday readings, but they sort of run out of energy to keep up the effort. contact Fidelis.

[/quote]

Seems like they've done the same with this Bible Study attempt?! Oh well,it was a nice thought.

At one time I offered to start posting my notes on Romans in this forum. To say that the response was tepid would be to exaggerate the meaning of that word.

[quote="DaveBj, post:11, topic:330235"]
At one time I offered to start posting my notes on Romans in this forum. To say that the response was tepid would be to exaggerate the meaning of that word.

[/quote]

Well maybe if the study was placed in the Group Membership and then once a week there could be a reading and a question or just share your thoughts or what you learned from the reading and it could be for a certain amount of time like a 10 week summer Bible Study Group or something like that. If you start it and then let everyone who wanted to particpate where to go to do that and everyone makes a committment to participate??

i like the idea. and having something that is short and goal oriented would make it easier to commit and stay focused i think. something that is maybe 10 weeks and once it is done we could gear up another topic fro a set time. it should be a member thingie to make it easy for all to find i think.:)

=landon13;10885983]Hello y'all,

Blessings!

Landon

It's a worthy idea, but it is already in place in the Scripture Forum.

Just post your scripture and ask for comments on it:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.