Bible time travel

if you were allowed to go back/foward in time and be physically present at one bible scene which one would you go to? who would you meet?

i once had a dream I was doctor who's companion and we visit 0 AD bethlehem and saw baby Lord

I'd want to go to Eden with my lawnmower and clear the place of snakes. :p

[quote="DOShea, post:2, topic:177106"]

[/quote]

:rotfl:
I'd be there for the Easter triduum. First I could see the passion of Our Lord, then just sort of hang out near the tomb for a while, just keeping an eye out. I'd beg the angel not to make me sleep so I could see Our Lord raised from the dead!

A close second would be Christmas too! I would try and help Mary and Joseph find a better place.

And also the Ascension...... this is a tough question;)

[quote="DOShea, post:2, topic:177106"]

[/quote]

:);):D

Funny !
But hey, i happen to like snakes...

You know , there is one scene you can and DO go to. You are physically present at it, during every Mass. WHat is it ?

i would go to eden before the fall with my chainsaw and ear plugs...I would cut down the tree of knowlege then burn it

[quote="hdog, post:6, topic:177106"]
i would go to eden before the fall with my chainsaw and ear plugs...I would cut down the tree of knowlege then burn it

[/quote]

Ear plugs//???
Ehhh, what's that you say ?
Oh, Eden. Well, no, it's not Eden. Guess again .

Oh, that’s a tough one. Maybe the nativity because that always seemed like a magical scene, very peaceful but full of hope and excitement.

I would probably go back to when Jesus was 17 because that is how old I am, and I would like to hang out with Him. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say the Last Supper. It is the most simple, but one of the most powerful events of our faith.

-Jeanne

You are close , very close !
Yes the Last Supper…
But specifically, —you, me, and the whole assembly present is transported to what place in Christ’s life ?
Hint, what is the full, proper name for the celebration we catholics casually call “Mass” ?

In a way, you are right Jared.
Because Jesus was human, and also God, all the events in His human life exist for Him now, as they did then, because God transcends time and space as we know it.
Therefore, wherever Jesus is present ( as at the Holy Mass ) all of His life events are present to Him as well.

Congratulations on your journey into the Church Jared, you got here 30 years sooner than I did in my life. Wish I’d found it sooner !

[quote="Bob4BVM, post:10, topic:177106"]
You are close , very close !
Yes the Last Supper...
But specifically, ---you, me, and the whole assembly present is transported to what place in Christ's life ?
Hint, what is the full, proper name for the celebration we catholics casually call "Mass" ?

[/quote]

Of course! I know it's Mass.

But wouldn't you want to see one of the most loving events in human history, where a man offers his body and blood for his brothers out of sheer love, and institutes a way that we can be united in that sacrifice generations later?

-Jeanne

[quote="jeanne71350, post:12, topic:177106"]
Of course! I know it's Mass.

But wouldn't you want to see one of the most loving events in human history, where a man offers his body and blood for his brothers out of sheer love, and institutes a way that we can be united in that sacrifice generations later?

-Jeanne

[/quote]

Yes, of course I would, that and so much more.
But the event we ARE truly present at, in the Mass, is Calvary.
At the moment of the Consecration, we are all transported to Calvary, when Jesus gives His all for us. For me.
Then we are in His Presence, Jesus in His risen, glorified form, and in the company of the Father and the Holy Spirit...wow.

I would just have wanted to spend time with the Blessed Mother, day-to-day living. Possibly have been there for the visitation with St. Elizabeth. I would just have loved to see her way of living as a wife and mother, day to day.

Yes ! CAN WE EVEN imagine her life, knowing what she knew, doing what she did !
:slight_smile:

I would love to be there on Pentecost, to see them fearful and praying and then the Holy Spirit descending on them and suddenly they are filled with zeal and the tongues of fire

Or the pillar of fire that saved Moses and the slaves, that would be amazing, to see the faces of both the Jews and the Egyptians

but I wouldn’t pick either, because I would like to see Jesus in person. And I can’t choose from those :slight_smile:

That would be really cool, see the holy family in day-to-day living.

I think I would like to go back to when Jesus was about 20, you know with 10 more years or so left before he began his public ministry. I wonder what he did at that age, in addition to being the carpenter’s son.

closed #18

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.