Bible + Tradition!

Why do sola scriptura believers disregard these?

2 Thessalonians 3:6 – Shun those acting not according to tradition

1 Corinthians 11:2 – hold fast to traditions I handed on to you

2 Thessalonians 2:15 – hold fast to traditions, whether oral or by letter

John 21:25 – not everything Jesus said recorded in Scripture

Romans 10:17 – faith comes from what is heard

The truth will set you free!

I don’t claim to be sola scriptura but one thought came to mind from your thoughts stated above…

What traditions are being talked about up there? The traditions that they had back then were jewish and from what I understand they did keep to those traditions. Why we don’t now I am not sure but I am interested in hearing what traditions you believe are being talked about. :slight_smile:

The Bible is Tradition.

so, according to you, one can conclude that those who say “No more Traditions” say “No more Bible”? :smiley:

Egg-zak-Lee!:smiley:

Well, at least the one that talks about “oral” tradition tells you that the message doesn’t have to be “written.”

Singinbeauty,

Great question! The thread is in response to a Sola Scriptura discussion that disregarded these cited scriptures.

Tradition would be any outside of the bible to which some (Sola Scriptura) Christians oppose.

Well, from what I have read the CC is very close to the orthodox jewish church. So in a lot of ways the CC did keep these traditions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.