Bible truths

Would like to get together with Catholics to compare Catholic doctrine and tradition against what Christ and the Apostles taught in the Bible. Anybody up for a Bible study? Email me at billroll56@hotmail.com

[quote=billroll]Would like to get together with Catholics to compare Catholic doctrine and tradition against what Christ and the Apostles taught in the Bible. Anybody up for a Bible study? Email me at billroll56@hotmail.com
[/quote]

We do this all the time here on the forums. Do a search on a particular doctrine or tradition, and you’ll definately find a thread on it with passages from Scripture (on both sides).

Have fun!

Yeah but this thread needs moving to apologetics where it belongs, and our friend here needs to read over the Forum Rules again. Then we can happily talk our heads off here on the forums, but there’s no way that I’m gonna get into an e-mail discussion with him. Been there and done that and it’s a huge waste of time.
Pax tecum,

originally posted by billroll
Would like to get together with Catholics to compare Catholic doctrine and tradition against what Christ and the Apostles taught in the Bible.

What a set-up!

[quote=billroll]Would like to get together with Catholics to compare Catholic doctrine and tradition against what Christ and the Apostles taught in the Bible. Anybody up for a Bible study? Email me at billroll56@hotmail.com
[/quote]

How about you just tell us where you think the Catholic Church went wrong, instead? That’s what this forum is for, after all.

And btw, before you make yourself look foolish (just wanting to save you a lot of time, effort, and embarrassment here :wink: ), do read the Catechism of the Catholic Church so that you will know what the Church actually teaches. I have no doubt what you think you know isn’t at all what the Church teaches or what Catholics practice–this is the voice of experience. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.