Biblical Justification

For me, this explains biblical justification.

We are temples of the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit PRODUCES (FRUITS) RIGHTEOUSNESS in our soul just as He causes or produces fruits of joy, peace and so forth.

I Corinthian 3: 16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Ephesians 5: 9 For the fruit of the Spirit (or light in some translations) is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

Galatians5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Ephesians 6: 14 So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate **(“thorax”),15 and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.

I Thessalonians 5: 8 But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate**(“thorax”) of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.

Galatians 5: 6 For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working (“energeo”) through love.

Isaiah 59: 17 He put on righteousness as his breastplate, and the helmet of salvation on his head; he put on the garments of vengeance and wrapped himself in zeal as in a cloak.

I Timothy 6: 11 But as for you, man of God, shun all this; aim at righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

Hebrews 1: 8 But of the Son he says, "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever, the righteous scepter is the scepter of thy kingdom.

I Peter 2: 24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

I John 2: 29 If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who does right is born of him.

I John 3: 9 No one born of God commits sin; for God’s nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

I John 3: 10 By this it may be seen who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not do right is not of God, nor he who does not love his brother.

:thumbsup:

For me, this explains biblical justification

• for what exactly?

z_0101

The passages tell us that justification is produce in our soul, here and not, by God.

Also, the passages inform us that love and faith in our soul is what produces justification.

Let me fix this;
The passages tell us that justification is produced in our soul, here and now, by God.

Also, the passages inform us that love and faith in our soul is what produces justification.

Yes, faith should lead to love. As Trent tells us, faith is the beginning, the root of human justification. But love is the definition of our justice, which is why the greatest commandments are what they are.

And this is what the New Covenant prophecies of Jer 31 mean to tell us. God becomes the God of man again, vs 34. This occurs via the gift of faith. And then he puts His law in our minds and writes it on our hearts, vs 31. This is done by molding people who love, who thereby fulfill the law.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.