'Biden Center' at UPenn Under Fire over Financial Ties to China

Excellent.

There are rigorous controls on who has access to what. Compliance is strictly monitored bacuse failure jeopardizes all federal funding.

So?

International education has worked much to the advantage of the US - the best and brightest come here and many stay. And this has worked well for the world, The significant contributions of well-trained scientists in China to our rapid understanding to SARS-CoV-2 provided information that helped many nations mitigate the spread of the virus.

Are you privy to all the evidence? If stories we see from the main stream media and their unnamed sources are newsworthy then I’d say this is arguably much more newsworthy.

The National Law Policy Center (NLPC) disagrees.

Debunked over a month ago.

Well when I see bias stuff like this, then I can easily disregard it for the propaganda that it is:

Do they want a conservative bias instead?

1 Like

Then put this in the middle of the report:

Makes it sound more like a personal vendetta hack job.

And adding the brietbart article is just redundant as it adds nothing.

And looking at the articles at nlpc.org, It appears to be another attacker of Democrats. If it really believed in Ethics, it would go after Trump. It appears it’s ethics street is one way.

Looks like a consortium of banks put together a participation agreement back in 2012, of which the Chinese bank was a minority participant. The interest was securitized and sold in that same year. So the lead lender was the one with the relationship with the Chinese bank, not Trump.

But I guess these august organizations thought it would be to their political advantage to accuse Trump of something, fake though it is.

1 Like

??? (ten characters)

How does this help?

your evidence please, you provided no links.

of course not
orange-man-bad

why have any bias? colleges should be an area of free-thinking for all.

what has campus reform put out that is false?

Very true.

Even if as an individual they don’t want to be spies, they’re pretty much pressured to be spies or their family gets punished.

My comment is grounded in the links here.
You made a claim that has not support in the links here.
Perhaps you have more to add.
Perhaps not.

Why ask an inane question?

Richard Mellon Scaife’s organization disagrees, So what?

How do you know this?

How do you know this?

Personal experience.

Let’s just leave it at that.

1 Like

Sorry. Anecdotal - and at variance with my experience, Uttlery insufficeint to cast aspersions on many, many persons, IMO.

The PRC is an evil regime. I won’t put it past them to pressure its citizens to spy for them.

1 Like

My view is seasoned by direct experience. It is regrettable and objectionable that you attack me personally, and incorrectly as as naive. Perhaps you would like to edit your post.

Because if your inane claim that there is no evidence to support claims made.

I don’t know where you get that from, but my point exactly, who cares.

It’s not hard to connect the dots. It’s logical that this money goes from the university to the university’s international global groups, of which one is the Biden center. It’s not going to their English departments and I don’t think the Biden Center is raising money from bake sales.

There’s a question of whether the University and its Biden Center are violating the Foreign Agents Registration Act. It’s a national security issue.

It’s not uncommon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.